Need help with an intro song
    Tech Wizard

Default Need help with an intro song

Hey there!

I'm fairly new to this forum but let's get down to business.

I made a short intro for a mini mix tape but when I play it out loud the voices of the intro song doesn't sound very clear... Did I do something wrong while recording this or can I still edit it with a program to make the voices clearer.
    I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say.

Here is a link to my soundcloud and where the song is.
    http://soundcloud.com/tomcoosemans/mini-mix-dos-preview

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Csmns View Post
    Hey there!

I'm fairly new to this forum but let's get down to business.

I made a short intro for a mini mix tape but when I play it out loud the voices of the intro song doesn't sound very clear... Did I do something wrong while recording this or can I still edit it with a program to make the voices clearer.
    I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say.

Here is a link to my soundcloud and where the song is.
    http://soundcloud.com/tomcoosemans/mini-mix-dos-preview
    It sounds like the levels are off audio clipping in the recording unfornuately i do not know a way to fix it post productin though there is a program called platinum notes thats can adjust the clipping and gain in mp3s and waves, not sure how much that will help in this situation as it still sounds like a bad recording

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TeKniQuE View Post
    It sounds like the levels are off audio clipping in the recording unfornuately i do not know a way to fix it post productin though there is a program called platinum notes thats can adjust the clipping and gain in mp3s and waves, not sure how much that will help in this situation as it still sounds like a bad recording
    Thanks for the quick response!

Mmh, I think I already know what the problem might be. The first song is from a movie and I had to get that scene from YouTube. Could that be the problem why it sounds so bad?

I recorded this with Traktor and I have never had this problem until now.

Tech Convert

yes that is a huge part of it the recording you got then re recording you lose a LOT of quality that way but I am not sure that will be salvageable or not may have to redo the mix but honestly it is up to you.
    Last edited by TeKniQuE; 12-07-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TeKniQuE View Post
    yes that is a huge part of it the recording you got then re recordig you lose a LOT of quality that way but I am not sure that will be salvageable or not may have to redo the mix but honestly it is up to you.
    That's alright. It took me only like 5 minutes to make this so I could easily redo the mix. :-)
    So I only need to find a way to record it from the original video (I got it but I don't know how to record it) or search for a better one!