dj stores by your location
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default dj stores by your location

do you guys have any dj stores by your house?

like the store primarily deals in Dj/lighting equip?

if so, do you frequent it?

ill start there is a store by me called extreme pro sound.
    small place all of the staff are dj's, i go there when im not in school, and practice on their cdj 2k/djm2k.

anyone else?

I have a Guitar Center that is about 8mi from where I live. They have a pro sound dept. that has DJ lighting and equipment. Bit over priced though. I can always find something cheaper on the net with free shipping and I don't have to pay a sales tax.

I would typically go there and check out the gear. Then order it online somewhere.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Tech Wizard

I have Guitar Center, Sam Ash near me but I visit Super Electronics who caters to the dj. They stock ALL the equipment & always cut me great deals on everything. And not just little discounts, huge discounts!!! Recently bought a new sound system with cables & speaker stands, saved big bux!!

I live in Atlanta. So, there are several guitar centers and atlanta pro audio. Also, Beatlab is kinda cool…they sell a lot of DJ and in-the-box production gear. I got my used xone from them. They're mostly oriented towards fairly straightforward hip hop with Serato, but they're one of few places that does mixer and turntable repairs in the area (other than general electronics repair shops), and they still sell vinyl, though a very limited selection of it.

I like it. When I upgrade my mixer, it'll be from them. They have a blue Empath that keeps dropping in price to the point where it's very tempting. Apparently nobody likes the blue ones.

Tech Mentor

when i upgrade my stuff, (if i do) it will also be from the store by my house.

I live 10 mins from decks.co.uk London store. Buy all gear from there
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

I also have a Guitar Center somewhere around 9 miles away. Generally I will wait for one of their promotions before buying something. Last big purchase was the NS6 where I took advantage of their 100$ off special.

I live about 2 miles away from Chemical Records in Bristol ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Mentor

Usually the stores are going to be a little higher priced. Unlike most online companies, stores have to cover shipping the products to the store, paying rent, paying employees, paying off capital investments, loans, etc.
    In my opinion, I would rather pay the extra 20 or 30 bucks for a piece of equipment and if it breaks the store will be a lot more willing to help you when your gear breaks or you need it replaced.
    I've had this problem with my other hobbies. I purchased a pair of skis of the internet, broke one them in half after a month of use. They should have been on warranty. My local shop said they couldn't help because I didn't buy them there. The ski company said they couldn't do anything for me because I didn't get the skis from an authorized retailer (i.e. a store, or a select few websites). Think of it as buying the better insurance option.
    Additionally, who wants to put their local DJ shop out of business because you buy online now? That only pushes the DJ industry backwards. The people who own the DJ shops are taking a HUGE risk setting up shop in such a specialized industry with such high prices in the DJ industry. On top of that they have a very small customer base because not everybody can afford to DJ and not everybody is capable of DJing.
    Honestly I think the shops deserve our business because they are the ones out there doing the work to help us and Strengthen the DJ industry. So many gigs probably get filtered through the DJ stores in all our areas. They also stimulate the "DJ economy" getting local DJ's together and strengthening the DJ community in the area.
    I always try to buy local... especially if we want to break out of this ridiculous recession and create some jobs!!!

Tech Mentor

I walked into a guitar center once. I really do not see why anyone shops there.
    at the last place I lived there were two music stores locally owned by the same owner that I frequented. they had a full repair shop. as a regular customer they did most of the labor for free as long as I paid for parts. parts was slightly above mail order price. if I had a blown speaker, I could drop off the speaker, and pick it up repaired for the cost of the part. I loved it. they did equipment rental. they never charged me for rentals as long as I took good care of the stuff. if I walked in and asked about what laser worked better, they would send me home with 3 or 4 and have me try them at gigs and bring them back later.
    they had a minimal selection so i still did a lot of mail order, but the customer service was awesome. now I live too far to deal with them, so I am completely mail order now from whoever is cheapest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast