Thinking about selling my Pioneer HDJ 2000's and getting......
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Tech Guru Dustin V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Deep down South
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Thinking about selling my Pioneer HDJ 2000's and getting......

    Hey guys, well yes its true, I'm thinking about selling my Pioneer HDJ 2000's.

    Crazy right?

    Well here's why....

    I've had them for almost a year, and I do love them, but over these months I've started to notice a few things which is really starting to bother me..

    1. They get very heavy after playing a few hours.
    2. They hurt my ears from the inside of the cup after playing a few hours.

    So these are the 2 issues that bother me, especially when I've been using them for a long time. They get heavy around my neck, and they also bother me when I use them for basic everyday use. They also start to hurt my ears, and after a few hours I actually can't wear them anymore, and take them off.

    Now this is turning into a deal breaker for me. So I've been looking into other options and the TMA's and HD 25's came up. Now I've tried the TMA's and found them a little loose for my head. They sounded great and very comfortable but I was worried about them moving on my head when I'm playing. Now the HD 25's I've heard fit tighter than the TMA's which is good news for me, and we've all read about their quality etc...

    So now I'm considering selling my HDJ 2000's and getting a pair of the HD 25's. The only thing I'm concerned about is their comfort. Are they very comfortable especially for long gigs? I've never had the chance to try them so I'll be going by reviews and opinions. Have any of you owned both cans, can you give any feedback about it?

    If they will be a more comfortable fit, then maybe this is what I'll be doing. Good bye Pioneer hello Sennheiser!

    Thanks in advance guys. Cheers.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

  2. #2
    Tech Guru geminimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford, VA
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Have you considered in ear monitors? More than a few users here do, or are considering them (me being one of them). They're obviously lighter, in most cases isolate better so that you don't have to crank the db's and save your ears. I know it doesn't look as snazzy as rippin a choon with your monster cans, but it seems as though it may be right up your alley.

    Amazon has klipsch x10's for 120 bucks or so right now.

    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Westone-Triple-Monitor-Earbuds-Removable/dp/B003R0FJKG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1323384583&sr=8-8"]Amazon.com: Westone UM3X Triple Driver Monitor Earbuds (with Removable Cable): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Kj6mFKblL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Kj6mFKblL[/ame]

    These be in my Christmas list
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

  3. #3
    Tech Guru Dustin V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Deep down South
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Yeah I've considered them. I actually saw Laidback Luke wearing IEM at Ultra this last weekend.

    I'm not sure though it I want to take that route as I'm more of a traditional DJ, and like the idea of a DJ using DJ headphones. But it is something I'll think about. Thanks.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

  4. #4
    Tech Mentor ToS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    EXIT fest.town, Serbia
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Someone somewhere, not here, mentioned that HD25 has a bit too rigid cussions but something can be done to the to make them softer. (if anone knows, I too would like to hear)
    Apart from that, they should be quite comfy, especially if you find TMA1 to be a bit loose (which means your head is not very large/wide).
    Event if HD25 are too grippy, you can still stretch them by leaving them stretched overnight or something similar.
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

  5. #5
    Tech Guru Liambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Scotland
    Posts
    697

    Default

    If you buy the Senns you will never look back. Trust me.

  6. #6
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    13,939

    Default

    If you weren't in South Africa I would offer to trade deal on some HD25's.
    Chris Jennings FHP

    Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

  7. #7
    Tech Guru Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    6,328

    Default

    Is there a market for 2nd hand headphones?

    I wouldn't want to wear 'phones that someone else had used, and I DEFINITELY wouldn't want someone to wear my sweaty ass 'phones after me!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

    Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

  8. #8
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    6,493

    Default

    Odd, I find them incredibly comfortable for extended periods. The senns my get tight, depending on your head.

  9. #9
    Tech Guru geminimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford, VA
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    Yeah I've considered them. I actually saw Laidback Luke wearing IEM at Ultra this last weekend.

    I'm not sure though it I want to take that route as I'm more of a traditional DJ, and like the idea of a DJ using DJ headphones. But it is something I'll think about. Thanks.
    No problem! I understand completely.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

  10. #10
    Tech Guru Dustin V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Deep down South
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
    Someone somewhere, not here, mentioned that HD25 has a bit too rigid cussions but something can be done to the to make them softer. (if anone knows, I too would like to hear)
    Apart from that, they should be quite comfy, especially if you find TMA1 to be a bit loose (which means your head is not very large/wide).
    Event if HD25 are too grippy, you can still stretch them by leaving them stretched overnight or something similar.
    Never heard about that before....

    Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    If you buy the Senns you will never look back. Trust me.
    Heard that before!

    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If you weren't in South Africa I would offer to trade deal on some HD25's.
    Well I'm not in SA at the moment, actually in Brazil, but yeah I know what you mean. It would be a good deal. Too bad Chris.

    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Is there a market for 2nd hand headphones?

    I wouldn't want to wear 'phones that someone else had used, and I DEFINITELY wouldn't want someone to wear my sweaty ass 'phones after me!
    Lulz..

    Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Odd, I find them incredibly comfortable for extended periods. The senns my get tight, depending on your head.
    Well they are comfortable, but only for short periods of time, like quick mix sessions at home etc, but for long gigs, and long periods of time, they get heavy, and bulky, and hurt my ears from the inside of the cup pressing on my ear.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •