Rane 68 with traktor scratch pro?

Default Rane 68 with traktor scratch pro?

Can someone please help me out and let me know how its possible to use traktor scratch pro on a rane 68 mixer please ??

For traktor scratch pro, you will need an native instruments soundcard, traktor pro will be no problem.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

It's just a mixer, so yes…you can use it just like you would any other mixer…you just can't use its internal sound card with TSP.

Tech Guru

Ok so if I was using cdj2000s in HID and a rane 68 mixer I could just plug all three into USB ports and then what preferences would i need to set in order to get the mixer to work correctly without using a traktor soundcard?

Would the mixer simply be a midi controller or would it still act as a standalone mixer since the cdj's are routed into 2 channels on the mixer?

Tech Mentor

You would use the onboard sound card of the 68 to output audio. The CDJ's would control the decks in Traktor Pro with HID. The CDJ's would not need to be plugged into the 68.

Basically the 68 is your external mixer and soundcard in one. THe CDJ's just end up being really expensive jog wheels with play and cue buttons.

Tech Guru

Well its not my setup its at a club so I know that its not very practical but it might be better than my controller and then i won't have to buy a soundcard.

so no connection between mixer and cdj's....check.

All functions of the mixer will act as normal but control traktor as well, I have honestly never used an external mixer with traktor so just trying to get my bearings with everything.