Ns6 or S4????
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ns6 or S4????

Tech Convert

Default Ns6 or S4????

Been making mixes for awhile now, Ive been using Virtual DJ with a Mixtrack Pro and looking to upgrade. Plus i wanna start doing some live shows at clubs and showing up with a mixtrack would be embarrassing.

I tried out the S4 and loved it at a local music store, I was pretty dead set on that but my friend told me to check out the Ns6 before anything. He said it was the best controller on the market.

Im definetly picking up a midi fighter either way so does one controller work better with a midi fighter then the other?

And what are your opinions on what controller is better?? The ns6 or the S4.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by njdevil30 View Post
    Been making mixes for awhile now, Ive been using Virtual DJ with a Mixtrack Pro and looking to upgrade. Plus i wanna start doing some live shows at clubs and showing up with a mixtrack would be embarrassing.

I tried out the S4 and loved it at a local music store, I was pretty dead set on that but my friend told me to check out the Ns6 before anything. He said it was the best controller on the market.

Im definetly picking up a midi fighter either way so does one controller work better with a midi fighter then the other?

And what are your opinions on what controller is better?? The ns6 or the S4.
    With S4 you get Traktor Pro and with Numark you get Serato Itch. You can also use Numark with Traktor but then you have to buy the software.

Tech Convert

I kno that already, I guess it's just all about preference. I'm prolli gonna go with the s4 and use the instant gratification mapping for the midi fighter.

Tech Mentor

S4 definately.

Serato itch doesnt have the creative possiblities like Traktor does.

Traktor Pro has been around forever but serato ITCH is new and still isnt perfect yet.
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapout View Post
    S4 definately.

Traktor Pro has been around forever but serato ITCH is new and still isnt perfect yet.
    Kind of bullshit.

ITCH is brilliant software just as perfect as Traktor is, but for a slightly different purpose: idiot-proof, plug&play, straightforward DJing. ITCH is for the DJs who don't need fancy FX and midimapping possibilities and don't feel like twitching with configuration themselves.
    And Itch may have less possibilities than Traktor, it still is you yourself that the creativity must come from.

So it's just about what you are looking for: foolproof plug&play fun, or a gazillion configuration possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapout View Post
    S4 definately.

Pure BS.

People need to stop hiding behind this whole 'creative potential' nonsense. You can be just as and often more creative on two CD decks and a mixer than an S4 and 20 sample decks.

As far as NS6 vs S4 it's all preference and your style and which software you prefer. NS6 is also built like a tank and much better quality than the S4 and definitely physically feels more professional and has XLR outs, etc...

try them both in a store and decide

personally if i can have the NS6 hardware and S4's traktor integration -> PERFECT

i like the large jogwheels of the ns6 and the user-replaceable xfaders, I also love S4 for its ultra-tight integration with traktor
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Pure BS.

People need to stop hiding behind this whole 'creative potential' nonsense. You can be just as and often more creative on two CD decks and a mixer than an S4 and 20 sample decks.
    ??

20 sample decks? have u even used Traktor?

and IMO The more options you have with a software is directly related to the ability to be more creative.

IE ITCH has sample decks yet NO HARDWARE actually can fully take advantage of it to my understanding.
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Sublim&All View Post
    Kind of bullshit.
    ITCH is for the DJs who don't need fancy FX and midimapping possibilities and don't feel like twitching with configuration themselves.
    And Itch may have less possibilities than Traktor, it still is you yourself that the creativity must come from.

So it's just about what you are looking for: foolproof plug&play fun, or a gazillion configuration possibilities.
    last time i checked the more FX, sample decks directly relate to creativity.

Tell me how in ITCH i can have a vocal sample running over my track and add an effect to my vocals then layer with effects for a transition all smoothly.

I havent played around with ITCH to much but from what i have read on the serato website this is not possible.

For straight up DJing mixing tracks togeather yes ITCH is fine.

S4 is straight up foolproof plug and play as well.

And i think its funny how u guys are saying its a brilliant piece of software yet if you goto the serato forums theres a million threads of people bitching about the bugs in ITCH.

b4 i bought i downloaded the free demos of each.
    i felt traktor provided me with more possibilities and i enjoyed the layout and design better.

my advice to you
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast