Play Count in Traktor 2?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Play Count in Traktor 2?

Maybe this is posted somewhere else and if another member can point me in the right direction I'd be thankful. Is there no way Traktor 2 keeps a play count of your tracks in view on any playlists?

I haven't gotten too organized with my music yet, but have just been playing off of my tracks in the "Track Collection". If I actually create playlists, does it keep track of the play count there? Also, is there no way to add a play count heading. Can't find anything in my brief search of the manual regarding this.

It's been almost a year since I have used Traktor 3 DJ Studio, but I miss the play count heading in that software. Currently I am using Traktor Scratch Duo version 2.1.1. Thanks.

If you have played a track it will appear with a tick next to it. Also the tracks currents on the decks will have A, B, C or D next to them. I am not sure about the play count, not to my knowledge can you do this, maybe another member can help?
    Soundcloud - Check it out

Macbook Pro 13" - Numark Mixtrack Pro - MidiFighter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you right click in te header fields you will be able to select play count and last played columns.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

and in the preferences you can change how long the track has to play to tick up a play. i think 10 seconds is default
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the help photojojo, that was exactly what I was looking for. Never knew there were so many options for headers. Also to Jester, for the additional info as I did want to increase the minimum from 10 seconds and would have never known or thought about that had you not mentioned it.

What can we do to actually make the NI programmers get of their asses and incorporate track playcount into the directory view? (as opposed to the library view where it does work)
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You mean in the deck headers?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Ow no, inside of the file listings. If you are inside of directory it won't update the playcount but if you use playlist or a library view, it updates.

When you mention deck headers, wouldn't it be nice if the would (from 3-row height) size down to two or even 1 when all fields in the same row are set to the -off-?

Tech Mentor

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the directory. I always thought of the track collection as the directory of tracks. What am I missing? Does the directory have to do with something inside of the Traktor program?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast