**New Blog Article "A Gift For Our Young Readers & Some Great Gift Ideas**
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default **New Blog Article "A Gift For Our Young Readers & Some Great Gift Ideas**

Hey guys just read the new article on the letter that DJTT put together for the younger members/readers to show their parents.

DJTT even put together some "Christmas Controller Gift Bundles" and also made a vid of Ean talking to the parents persuading them to buy their kids DJ gear.

It seems in the comments section of the article, DJTT is taking a lot of flack about this....

So what are your thoughts on this article? To much business and marketing form DJTT's side?

Is DJTT trying their best to make money and forgetting their roots as a controllerist's forum?

I'm not bashing DJTT for anything, I love this site, and I understand that the site needs to make money to support itself and staff etc, but is this article a bit to much?

What are you thoughts?

Discuss....

Here's the link:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/12/0...l-mom-and-dad/
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

DJTT is a business with paid employees, not a free blog hosted out of some guys bedroom.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

They want to sell more products, I don't see the big deal here.

Also this was pretty funny from the comments

you choose to go down this path don't rest all your laurels on it. Do it as a hobby, do it for fun. Don't do it for the money. Go to college, find a career in science, industry or other. Don't be the DJ that wakes up at 35 or 40 one day with no other skills and wonders why the 21 year olds ask "who is that old guy" when you walk into a club. It WILL happen. Just like strippers, the DJ has a distinct shelf life..but hey at 40 there is always the wedding circuit.

I think an article about inexpensive controllers for beginners would have been much more appropriate. This isn't a letter to parents, its a letter to the kids similar to the ones you see on childrens television, "get this and be cool". Iv been "DJ'ing" for over 2 years and while Im getting there I dont have anywhere near as good a setup as the bundles that are on sale. I think it would be ridiculous to buy a child something like those bundles as an introduction to DJ'ing. I really do hope that ean and the DJTT team had good intentions by writing this article.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    DJTT is a business with paid employees, not a free blog hosted out of some guys bedroom.
    yep
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

the comments section of most sites is where the idiots of the internet seem to gather

Default **New Blog Article "A Gift For Our Young Readers & Some Great Gift Ideas**

Honestly though if I saw some thirty-something hippy looking guy from cali (I mean this lovingly - not as a disparagement against Ean) trying to explain to me why I should drop a grand on my kid I'd be pretty skeptical. I love Ean but I doubt he polls well with the middle aged conservative crowd, although the evangelicals might give him a second look for fear of retribution.

They should be playing on the "Ean as Jesus" bit. "Buy your kid a controller or my father will smite you." or something to that effect. now that would have been hilarious.

Anyway, I don't mind salesmanship if it follows from passion. Nothing wrong with a little marketing, as long as your intentions are right. I see djtt as a responsible company who wouldn't sell crap or try and cheat you, so I can respect that they play the game a bit. It's all business at the end of the day.

I don't see anything wrong in any of this. I am sure most of the comments are from people who don't have (and probably never will have) kids. DJTT's customer service is second to none (I was buying from them way before writing for them) and I would buy from the "hippy guy" way before anyone else.

Here's my advice for our junior members looking to try and sell Mum and Dad on some Xmas kit: forget telling them what it can do, focus on the fact that if something goes wrong these guys will absolutely take care of it. If it comes down to it, show them a picture of Zach with a hat on - that should do the trick.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Yeah I agree, and DJTT is not what it used to be a few years ago. DJTT has expanded at an enormous rate, and is now not only a successful informative forum, but also a successful online store, that needs more than just Ean to support it.

It may have started as just a controller forum, but now it is a successful business, and people need to realize that, and respect it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    They want to sell more products, I don't see the big deal here.
    DJTT for me has improved a lot more recently IMO, with them hosting a awesome online store, and this awesome forum. I have no issues with DJTT trying to go about marketing themselves by whatever means they deemed fit in order to provide us with a professional, informative, fun website.

Since DJTT has expanded their business, I've seen and witnessed major improvements on the site, which is great, and I really enjoy it. Running a successful business which is what DJTT is now days, requires clever marketing in order to keep it being successful IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 3IJ View Post
    the comments section of most sites is where the idiots of the internet seem to gather
    Very true man.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    Anyway, I don't mind salesmanship if it follows from passion. Nothing wrong with a little marketing, as long as your intentions are right. I see djtt as a responsible company who wouldn't sell crap or try and cheat you, so I can respect that they play the game a bit. It's all business at the end of the day.
    Very well put. People may have an opinion of Ean one way or another, but I don't believe that anyone would doubt his intentions with this site, or his feelings for what he does. Not everyone is going to be happy with everything... Unfortunately that's life.

Personally, I think starting on an S4 is severe overkill, as I'm sure the attrition rate for dj'ing is higher than most of us are willing (or in some cases very willing) to admit. That's a substantial cost for a 'meh' hobby.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast