Pioneer EFX-1000 Mod -- Question about Sanwa OBSF-30 Button Clearance - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ryansupak View Post
    Still holding up great, and it is heavily used on a regular basis. The perspex ring is overbuilt which I think has helped a lot. So much better than the original button. rs
    That's great to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

The switch has arrived so i'm just about to measure up for the perspex ring. Hope it all works out!

Thanks again.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djac100 View Post
    That's great to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

The switch has arrived so i'm just about to measure up for the perspex ring. Hope it all works out!

Thanks again.

Did you end up using the Sanwa OBSF-30 button, or the slightly smaller one like on a Midi Fighter?

rs

Did you end up using the Sanwa OBSF-30 button, or the slightly smaller one like on a Midi Fighter?

rs
    The Sanwa, i'm doing like for like how you did. Thanks for taking the time to document it. I thought I was going to have to send it back to Pioneer just for them to fit another cheap switch. You're a life saver!

Tech Wizard

You're welcome. So often I've been helped out by DIY forum postings; glad I was able to give back for once.
    rs

Installed the switch over the weekend and i'm pleased to report that all is working perfectly.

Super pleased with the result from this, its far more practical than replacing the original switch and I've no doubt saved myself a hefty wedge in avoiding Pioneers repair costs.

Thanks a lot, really appreciate the help.

Tech Wizard

An old thread but a good one nonetheless.

Hats off to the person that did the mod, its quite remarkable. But what I love most about the mod are the depth, character, and original/max knobs that are being used over the plastic and hardly grippy factory knobs.

My EFX1000 was sent to pioneer for the TAP button as well but this time, they repaired it differently, in a much better fashion then the way it is originally sold. Mine is currently modded so that the TAP button is touch sensitive, theres no tactile feedback. I find the tap button being touch sensitive to work surprising great. I can post some pictures when I go home tonight.

Tech Wizard

Thanks Darken. Yes, one of the things I experimented with was the "zero force" push switches from ALPS, before deciding I personally liked the arcade button best. I think the button will now outlast the unit by a substantial margin.

I became acquainted with APEM knobs from the new Bozak equipment, and I must say I prefer their knobs to anything being made right now (even Sifam, Elma, etc...).

Also I feel that the 1000 is the best FX unit that Pioneer ever made. They have since departed from the traditional effects analogy, choosing instead to offer a few tempo synced "pre-rolled" sequences in the newer units. I think a lot of the EFX effects can sound dated if overused, but I think the RMX effects will send a lot moreso.

rs

Tech Wizard

Thanks Darken. Yes, one of the things I experimented with was the "zero force" push switches from ALPS, before deciding I personally liked the arcade button best. I think the button will now outlast the unit by a substantial margin.

I became acquainted with APEM knobs from the new Bozak equipment, and I must say I prefer their knobs to anything being made right now (even Sifam, Elma, etc...).

Also I feel that the 1000 is the best FX unit that Pioneer ever made. They have since departed from the traditional effects analogy, choosing instead to offer a few tempo synced "pre-rolled" sequences in the newer units. I think a lot of the EFX effects can sound dated if overused, but I think the RMX effects will send a lot moreso.

rs
    I couldn't agree with you more, the EFX1000 truly is the best 'effector' pioneer has released to date, and from my personal experience and use--its THE best effector compared to other offerings from other brands. I actually recently auditioned both the RMX500 as well as the RMX1000, both are nowhere near the capability the efx1000 offers--not to mention the delay, and the sounds created by the job wheel and effects on the right-side are premium quality in sound, the hold and automatic snap back of the effect of the jog wheel is just flat-out 'sick'. But the most unique and visually pleasing trick feature which I use a lot on the efx1000 is the 'feedback loop', the 'feedback loop' was never intended by pioneer and was discovered by avid users. Having the ability to create a loop 2-4bars long while manually stopping a cdj doing a vinyl brake or a back-spin AND THEN creating a roll trick using the 1/8-up-to-8/1 parameter to finally go straight back into the cdj is unreal, every time I pull that trick off in front of people--they can't help but smile. I simply cannot be without the efx1000.

Heres a short video of the trick, don't mind the guy doing the trick--hes sorta an odd-ball:

Heres another video, and this guy is actually quite good with the trick. Btw, this isn't a trick that is easily pulled-off, it takes time and tons of practicing with tons of feedback loopings made. Regardless, all 'do-able', I can easily pull off those stuns and then some--but it took much practice and staying up late every night lol:
    Last edited by Darken; 04-12-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12