laptop sound cards

Default laptop sound cards

hello all. first time posting!! i need to get a new laptop for producing music and i was gonna see what you guys thought about it? i had a hard time finding a good laptop with a soundcard in the 700 dollar range so i looked into getting an external soundcard but i have no idea whats good. obviously i would need a good amount of ram and atleast an i5 processor. any help??

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

You mean a laptop + an external sound card right, sound card in any laptop is not gonna be on par with an external one

Lenovo, Asus, Dell, MSI, HP all do sub $600 i5 laptops + a NI Audio2 Soundcard and you're sorted.

BTW I would be recommending the Lenovo, not pretty but they are built like tanks

thanks for the quick reply!!ya i did mean an external one. do you think id have trouble with delay when playing live with it?? i know that can be a concern sometimes.

nah there shouldnt be any latency issues

You will need an external soundcard to cue the music in the software.

So just get a laptop then work out your soundcard seperately. An Audio 2 from Native Instruments are industry standard and very good.

If you want to produce you may want one with balanced out puts (like a Komplete Audio 6 http://www.decks.co.uk/products/nati...mplete_Audio_6)

You may want a controller with a built in soundcard like an Native Instrments s2 or s4.

For djing my preference is to use Macs. IMO even a second hand Mac is worth getting over windows.

This is not to start a mac vs pc debate (i beg you) but is just my opinion.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

so if i got the audio 6 that could just take the place of the audio 2? i was actually looking at getting a novation twitch. what are your thoughts on it?

If your not planning on producing or using traktor scratch then an audio 2 should be sufficient.