Stop Interference

Default Stop Interference

Following on from the article on the home page about usb cables with ferrites etc the other things worth giving serious consideration to are 1. good quality audio interconnect (RCA) cables for example monster cables etc. I have found this makes a huge difference to the sound on larger systems 2. Mains conditioners for example Tacima CS929 which smooths the current entering your equiptment which also makes a notable difference to sound quality. I have had a couple of problems with crackling and popping while playing on a funktion one system but these steps along with ferrite rings on my data cables had totally sorted the problem out

Glad to hear that worked for you. Wouldn't recommend Monster Cable for quality/price but they're a lot better than the usual RadioShack style skinny consumer RCAs.

I'm starting to think that adding a UPS to your gear, completely isolating you from the capricious club power grid, is a worthwhile general purpose upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Glad to hear that worked for you. Wouldn't recommend Monster Cable for quality/price but they're a lot better than the usual RadioShack style skinny consumer RCAs.

I'm starting to think that adding a UPS to your gear, completely isolating you from the capricious club power grid, is a worthwhile general purpose upgrade.
    What cables would you recommend if not monster ones?
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Honestly the main reason you want super fat cables is so they dont break.

It makes very little difference to audio as long as they are not super skinny.

Look up skin depth on wikipedia, then you can actually calculate how thick the wire needs to be.

Gold plating makes the connections last longer, once again aside from maintaining a good connection the gold does nothing for audio quailty.

Some people will try and tell you gold is low resistance so its better for bass...

Any cables which are well constructed and cheaper than monster should be fine.

Just dont buy monster whatever you do....