Christmas gifts..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Christmas gifts..

Hey,

For this christmas, I plan on getting a new controller. I was looking at controllers such as, Pioneer DDJ-Ergo, Traktor kontrol s2 and the Denon mc3000.
    I then realised that the Pioneer DDJ-Ergo was more of an entry level unit. This left me with the choice between the Denon mc3000 and the Traktor kontrol s2 but I am still stuck. What I would like is more you guys to write back saying which one you would buy and why. This will help me a lot with my decision.
    Thanks.

SE

Tech Mentor

check out the S2, the mc3000 seems to be nothing more than 2 sc2000's. check out the allen&Heath Xone DX as well.

Tech Convert

Thanks man, I was looking at the Xone DX but I wasn't too sure. Do you think it will be a better option? Tell me why I should pick this? I have to say that I really like the look of the S2.

the DX is a bit more robust than the s2 and i think its smaller. The s2 will have better integration with traktor though.

Tech Mentor

If santa is willing to drop the extra cash, check out those DJTT Christmas bundles on the front page.. killer deals there, both include S2's.
    But if you're not willing to go that far, then keep in mind the fact the mc3000 has external mixing abilities, if you wanted to mix with cdjs or tts outside of traktor when making your choice.

Christmas deals:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/12/0...l-mom-and-dad/
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Tech Convert

Thanks for the help so far guys, this is helping me a lot. Appreciate it !

Tech Convert

I have took all of your advice and I am keeping it all in mind but what about the Novation Twitch ? how does it compare to the traktor kontrol s2 ? I dont really need jog wheels but I like what Ean did is his video with the Fx's, but I don't know if I like the look of Serato Itch even though I havent used it. What do you guys think I should go for?

Sean

Tech Convert

yeah mate, done.

Tech Mentor

I'm getting a Korg Electribe MX1 for Christmas.
    I also get the spare bedroom for a studio now

Excited

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SeanEdwards View Post
    I have took all of your advice and I am keeping it all in mind but what about the Novation Twitch ? how does it compare to the traktor kontrol s2 ? I dont really need jog wheels but I like what Ean did is his video with the Fx's, but I don't know if I like the look of Serato Itch even though I havent used it. What do you guys think I should go for?

Sean
    I messed with the twitch abit at guitar center. Everyone's right when they say the faders are wobbly. I mean this was the demo model so I'm sure it wasn't in top shape but still. Also the knobs kind of suck.. DJTT got you covered on that though.
    Other than that it looks like a sick controller
    Touchstrips are awesome
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast