Opening for Hot Pink Delorean & Tittsworth

Default Opening

I'm opening on the 22nd and this will be my first BIG show! I'm looking for some solid tunes to open up with and want to see what the DJTT community is spinning. Also who's in DC?
    Last edited by JelaniRobot; 12-13-2011 at 05:06 AM.

What type of music do you spin sir? I'm from Washington, DC as well.
    Korg 402, CDJ1000's, Stanton STR8's, Traktor Scratch, KRK 6's, Axiom Pro 25, Dell Inspiron

Tech Mentor

Lucky bastard. But really, you're opening for two big names and you don't know what to play? Gimme that gig lol!

Start out with some electro-funk type indie dance and nu-disco tacks in the 100-115 BPM range then slowly work up to the mid 120's. This almost always works with mainstream crowds when the headliners are playing house(and I'll bet they are), but you can approach it the other way too, start with some chilled out dubstep then work down towards breaks and electro house. This is a good method if the headliners are playing harder stuff.

You should probably play mostly tracks that are produced by the guys you are opening up for. I've heard that goes over well most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    You should probably play mostly tracks that are produced by the guys you are opening up for. I've heard that goes over well most of the time.
    Now apologize.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Sorry, let me clarify so this doesn't turn into another "my first gig" thread lolz. I know for the most part what I'm going to do, but would like some new tunes. What are some tracks that you all have recently found that would be good for an opening set? I didn't want to implant artist to lead the conversation, but several artists that I'm in love with are Joakim, Clicks & Whistles, Lucid, and Bok Bok if that helps.
    If I don't get new tracks will I be fine? Yeah. I just wanted to see what the DJTT community was putting on rotation for situations like this. If you want to hear my regular set @CryderSteez you can check out my soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/djyorker

Tech Mentor

Play some deep house.

So Long - Larse

What's your twitter handle @Tabaka? Wouldn't mind having a DC DJTT meet up