Mostapha's Setup - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

New mixer day.

I really need to get my 1200s here....and build a console after I decide what gear I want to have room for. Also, better speakers without going louder, which seems hard.

Looking good mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

WOW.... Rotary mixer!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Thanks.

I failed to plan ahead and can't record until I buy different cables. But a mix is forthcoming.

The thing is an absolute joy to mix on.

I Like it! I'm also into the X1MK2, they give me everything i wan't. Love that Rotary, that's a dream!
    Kontrol X1MK2 <3

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Thanks.

I failed to plan ahead and can't record until I buy different cables. But a mix is forthcoming.

The thing is an absolute joy to mix on.
    Awesome, it reminds me of the days of way back, when I used to spin with the BCR, MIDIfighter, mixer and Audio4DJ.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Yeah, I used to do that too. It's a lot nicer to mix on than a MIDI controller.

You could suss out a decent flight case to mount that mixer and hold your X1's... I'm just thinking for gigs and such.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I have an SKB slant rack case (without a cover...it was free) sitting in my garage that I've thoght about using. But the thing is just bloody huge. It also doesn't have convenient places to put anything else unless I built a platform to put the X1s above the mixer or something...and just sat the laptop off to the side. I actually also have a coffin that will fit a 19" mixer and 2 1200s. My first set of turntables came in it, and I've never been able to sell it...so it's ben sitting in the shed at dad's place for a long damn time. It might have rotted by now.

Most of the 19" mixer flight cases or coffins either aren't deep enough (mixer is over 5" deep, plus another couple inches for cables that come out opposite the face plate) or don't have places to put/store controllers and a laptop. But, if you have any ideas, I'm open to suggestions. I think I'd also want to fit my Maschine on the other side for S&G.

My plan was just for it to be my mixer at home, and I'd use something else if I had to bring gear to a gig. I do still have that ddj-sx and a vmc-004xl that work.

Still...building/finding a coffin would probably be preferable.

So, I got bored and realized I couldn't use my speakers without disturbing my neighbors anyway. So, first recording off the 2016 was done in headphones, just 4 tracks thrown together.

It's about 20 minutes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6bi5dc96g...22m09.wav?dl=0

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast