denon dnx1500

Thread: denon dnx1500

Tech Mentor

Default denon dnx1500

is anyone using it, or can anyone give me any insight on it?
    im looking at getting rid of my VMS4 for a nice 4 channel.
    i love my vms4, i just feel as though i should start branching out into Full mixer and controllers.

Tech Mentor

I had one for a few years sound quality is awesome but theres a lot of downfalls including really light cheap faders, fader lag ( i think this was resolved on the 1500S), cue buttons stopping working, worn out i think as it didn't get abused and more.

I'd seriously recommend a DNX 1600 there so much better I prefer mine to any DJM!

I've got a Denon DNX-1500S, and I love it. It's got some issues, for example, the line faders feel really cheap (the xfader on the other hand is awesome, practically no lag at all and with adjustable tension), and the FX on/off switch doesn't always turn on when you think it would. Also, no resonance control for the filters.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

i have a denon s1500, the cue buttons will fail really easy, further it's an ok mixer.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Hi.

Thinking of getting one of these mixers. if i have a problem with the faders can they be replaced with higher quality ones? also thinking of a vestax pmc280. which do you think is the better buy? i know the denon is a bit old now. the pmc280 i could buy new for the same price. thoughts?

cheers
    Last edited by zimfella; 02-26-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    Hi.

Thinking of getting one of these mixers. if i have a problem with the faders can they be replaced with higher quality ones? also thinking of a vestax pmc280. which do you think is the better buy? i know the denon is a bit old now. the pmc280 i could buy new for the same price. thoughts?

cheers
    The xfader can be replaced no problem, but I don't think the same applies for the line faders.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

If you do decide to get the X1600, there is a cool Rebate program going on for free headphones. (USA only)

http://bit.ly/yod8x0
    Silvio Zeppieri
    Denon DJ Brand Manager, D&M Professional
    100 Corporate Drive
    Mahwah, New Jersey, 07058 (USA)
    http://www.denondj.com