Headphones <100$
    Tech Guru

Default Headphones <100$

I've been thinking about what to get a DJ friend of mine for christmas/birthday (Dec 24. He usually get's the shaft for a double holiday). He needs a new pair of headphones as he currently uses a cheap pair of American Audio cans.

I would like to stay south of 100$ if I could because this is a tight year. I've looked at the HDJ500 and they look nice and I had a pair of HDJ1000's and they were great but the headband broke. He also had a pair of HDJ1000's where the headband broke. I don't want to go out and buy a similar pair that's just not quite as good and have the headband break again. Anyone have any suggestions as to a good sounding and durable pair of cans south of 100$???
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Guru

Radio Shack has VModa Crossfades on sale for 99.00. I have Sony 7506's and I used to have HDJ-2000's, I'd put these up against any of these headphones. They sound great and are of metal contsruction. I don't think you'll find a better pair for 99.00 bucks.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

Not a fan of VModa's at all. I personally think they look very tacky, I know some people love them and they do look well constructed but my personal taste is against them and knowing my friend he would hate them also.

I would like to just get him a pair of HD-1 II but I don't have that much to spend this year. Thanks for the info though I may give em a go if I can't find anything else that's close.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)