Traktor and Serato Wishlist
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Traktor and Serato Wishlist

Hey guys,
    I think we all have things we really, really want Traktor and Serato to incorporate into their software. We're going to write an open letter to them with the best ideas for each.

Respond here with yours in this format:

Traktor - Key Detection and On-The-Fly Updating: Virtual DJ does this very well - in about the same amount of time that it takes any software to analyze a track, Key analysis is done (and can easily be in non-Camelot or Camelot). Then, turn the key knob, and it updates the key!

Writing this letter tonight, so jump on it!

Traktor - stacked, horizontal (or vertical) waveforms as a GUI option.

Exactly like this:

It's an additional visual aid that I am not requesting because I rely on it, but because it helps confirm what I'm hearing and at a glance, I can see which track I need to nudge.
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

Xone: DB4 scratch certification or a more sensical scratch certification process in general.
    Better advanced HID support for stuff like the CDJ-2000 (serato has this flawlessly and it is crazy good, traktor just has regular hid which hardly does anything and is apparently unusable). This stuff is getting specific and probably not what you meant.

I would like to see a slightly more modernized and clean SSL interface (no drastic changes) that looks on the level of traktor 2.

More general stuff?
    More layout options and an option for stacked horizontal decks like the Serato 3 and 4 deck view.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 12-14-2011 at 04:23 PM.

-Traktor vst capability (for maschine syncing/ NI products)
    -Resize/move windows within traktor (full customizability)

Quote Originally Posted by B Linus View Post
    Traktor - stacked, horizontal (or vertical) waveforms as a GUI option.

Exactly like this:

I prefer the scratch live view where you see the whole deck on a line:

NI knows people want this and I'm sure have discussed it

VJ'ing options for Traktor so i can get some sick vid sequencing to go with my sets

Quote Originally Posted by spiz View Post
    -Traktor vst capability (for maschine syncing/ NI products)
    -Resize/move windows within traktor (full customizability)
    Yep. Maschine integration would be incredible. Kind of on the level of the The Bridge is to Serato- full integration into traktor, especially now that they have the mikros out.

More control over the UI. Specifically I would like to be able to separate the main screen and the browse screen whether this be to split them across 2 monitors or to ALT+TAB between them.

Stop Traktor from clearing the search field when you switch between nodes in say the traktor collection.

Overall I want Traktor to act like a refined software application rather than trying to emulate the appearance of a mixer. Its way too busy for my liking. I will try and dig out a conversation thread from Facebook between myself, Karlos and Rainer on this topic.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

This is all well intentioned, I'm sure. However, both products have a feature suggestions forum (which none of the suggestions here so far expand on) and I don't think an open letter knocked up in one evening is going to carry any kind of authority.

You're just going to have 'a list of some stuff', unless you come up with a way of measuring and weighting the various requests and say objectively 'these are the most requested features our forum members want'.

Sorry to piss on your chips, however I reckon you'll have to structure this a lot better to be taken seriously.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 12-14-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    This is all well intentioned, I'm sure. However, both products have a feature suggestions forum (which none of the suggestions here so far expand on) and I don't think an open letter knocked up in one evening is going to carry any kind of authority.

You're just going to have 'a list of some stuff', unless you come up with a way of measuring and weighting the various requests and say objectively 'these are the most requested features our forum members want'.

Sorry to piss on your chips, however I reckon you'll have to structure this a lot better to be taken seriously.
    Yep. At least for Traktor it doesn't seem like NI pays much attention to the feature request forum or has better things to work on or has some good reasons not to since this has all been requested many times- the waveforms for years. Still if this was well written and laid out it could help.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 12-14-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast