question about my new KRK RP6 set
    Tech Convert

Default question about my new KRK RP6 set

Both speakers generate a little noise, the noise is the same with or without audio jack. is this normal?

No.

Are you using the balanced or unbalanced outputs? Go for balanced (xlr's) if you have the option. Unbalanced can pickup static/interference.

buy an ground loop isolator..should reduce the nose drastically..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Convert

I use the TRS balanced input, so with a normal jack plug. will the cable for the XLR balanced input be better? don't have that one at home so have to buy it. thanks for the ground loop isolator tip. have fix this problem, can bring the speakers back in 30 days so

Personally, I'd buy xlrs and see if they improve the hiss. If they do, keep them. If not, return them and buy the ground loop isolator. It seems to be what most suggest around here in these situations.

Tech Convert

oke then I have to test only strange thing for me is that the noise keeps the same without any audio cables in it or is it because its still not grounded that way? if that's it everybody will have that problem with those speakers right? hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by spiz View Post
    Personally, I'd buy xlrs and see if they improve the hiss. If they do, keep them. If not, return them and buy the ground loop isolator. It seems to be what most suggest around here in these situations.
    i have both. krk <-xlr-> ddm 400 <-RCA with groundloop isolator-> S4/vci400
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Is there a dimmer switch on the same circuit as your monitors? Dimmer switches back feed all kinds of noise through the power lines. Isolate your power and even lift the ground if you have to.

Try plugging them into a different outlet in a different room. Still the same noise? Then I would suspect something is wrong with the monitor.