Native Instruments AUDIO 4 DJ - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Tech Convert

Great! Thanks for that quick update. I was just arriving at the same conclusion.

Getting Audio4 with the Traktor ScratchPro software would cover my bases.

One more question, is Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro essentially the same software in terms of features besides the obvious ability to control with vinyl?

That would mean *without* time encoded vinyl, Traktor Scratch Pro would run exactly like Traktor Pro and I could use my VCI-100 acrcade edition happily (when there are no decks around), correct?

Thanks Chilly

Quote Originally Posted by surfacescan View Post
    Great! Thanks for that quick update. I was just arriving at the same conclusion.

Getting Audio4 with the Traktor ScratchPro software would cover my bases.

One more question, is Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro essentially the same software in terms of features besides the obvious ability to control with vinyl?

That would mean *without* time encoded vinyl, Traktor Scratch Pro would run exactly like Traktor Pro and I could use my VCI-100 acrcade edition happily (when there are no decks around), correct?

Thanks Chilly
    Yup...you're on the money.

Tech Wizard

Cool cause I am new to the digital dj thing and I have a Numark Total control and a Audio 4 with TRAKTOR Pro. So I should be set? Oh and the new Macbook Pro.

Tech Convert

Hey Chilly -

Im not QUITE done with firing questions your way.

It seems that I could plug two turntables into the audio4 and then when I wanted to do "audio through" on either of them - no problem - I just switch it in the software. If I want them to be scratch control - no problem - I just switch it in the software - if I want internal playback (mp3s controlled via VCI100) no problem - just switch it in the software.

Essentially with the VCI100 and my setup above, I dont need an external mixer!

And the mappings that exist for the VCI100 SE by Ean, should also work in Traktor Scratch pro.

In fact, the only thing lacking is a microphone but i just tried and I managed to plug an external mic into my macbookpros internal input and route it through one of the decks (Deck 4)!. I can even add fx!

Cool!

Would there be any benefit in getting the multicore cables in this case? I cant see any reason to get them...
    Last edited by surfacescan; 06-23-2009 at 04:46 PM.

if I use and Audio 4 DJ with 2 timecodes and a vci-100 do I need an external mixer to cue tracks with my headphones? Or will the headphone jack on the audio 4 still work?
    Beat Laboratory: MBP/Serato Scratch 2.2/2xKRK Rokit 6/2XTechnics SL-1200s/DJM700

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314