Traktor pro does not recognize my vci 100 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

try this:

"MIDI Devices Aren't Being Recognised?
    (Friday, 11 May 2007) -
    If you have an application that can be controlled by a MIDI device, but that application doesn`t see one or more of your devices, try the following fix.This fix involved using Regedit to delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values. BE CAREFULL messing around in your registry, as you can damage your OS.To Manually delete the
    UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values, follow these steps:
    1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).START > RUN >(Type) REGEDIT (and hit ENTER)
    2. Go to File > Export and save a backup file to somewhere on your computer (you can
    delete this backup file later if you determine that all is well).
    3. Locate the UpperFilters and LowerFilters value under the
    following key in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-
    11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK. You may or may not need to unplug
    and then reconnect the MIDI device after deleting these values.
    This fix has been reported to work by several users now."

The logitech issue is a well known one on the Traktor forums, and mekon's post above has been known to work in resolving the issue.

As for everyone else.. the device 'USB AUDIO DEVICE' *is* your VCI-100. Just select that under the traktor midi options.

In my experience, the VCI-100 is only given its full correct name when running under vista and not xp, but that does not affect its operation.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Wizard

Dj Lobo,I had the same problem using the same logitech mouse.I stopped using the mouse and plugged the vci usb in the same port I had the mouse plugged.
    I use the touchpad on my dell e1505 when i need it. Then I opened traktor3.4 to see if it recoqnized the vci and it did so then I opened traktor pro upgraded after installing
    all the download upgrades from the NI website and shazaam! It's Alive!!!!!...peace..me dj

Default Regedit fix worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by mekon_ca View Post
    try this:

"MIDI Devices Aren't Being Recognised?
    (Friday, 11 May 2007) -

3. Locate the UpperFilters and LowerFilters value under the
    following key in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-
    11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    "
    Sorry this is an old thread but deleting the above worked for me. A quick shortcut...
    1. open a cmd window (start then run the cmd and return)
    2. copy and paste the below lines.
    REG SAVE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\UpperFilters C:\UpperFilters.reg
    REG SAVE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\LowerFilters C:\LowerFilters.reg
    REG DELETE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\UpperFilters
    REG DELETE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\LowerFilters

the keys are saved to your C: drive as .reg files then deleted...
    Thanks for the help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123