Traktor pro does not recognize my vci 100 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Same Issue

I have the same exact issue on two separate machines. HP DV2700 and Dell Inspiron 700M. At this point I am very frustrated. I just did a clean install of XP SP3 on both machines. No Logitech Devices (Webcam or Input Devices).
    Sound card is M-Audio FW 410.

I connect the VCI-100, windows recognizes it as Vestax VCI-100 then quickly changes the device to 'USB Audio Device' in the device manager.
    Traktor is not picking up the device as the VCI-100, the midi input window shows only 'USB Audio Device'.

I have read a number of other forums with users having the same issue with the Logitech cam and or with certain laptops. Both of these scenarios don’t apply to my equipment.

I have also read of users deleting USB Devices from the device manager.

All in all, I need help. I will be trying to contact vestax support.
    Anyone have any ideas to share?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Have you tried using the USB Audio Device?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Guys, I recently discovered that Traktor 3.4 have some similar problems to correctly assign a midi device (controller instead of audio). And it caused that the software would take very long time to start and probably not recognize the vci and also the light that goes green on the software display for MIDI would apper red. I think that if you have a audio interface that is also a MIDI interface, traktor can have issues in determine which one is the controller.
    So maybe a similar bug is afecting Tpro
    What seem to solve the issue (might help you) is going to CONTROL PANEL --> SOUND AND AUDIO DEVICES ---> AUDIO TAB and ther in "MIDI music playback" find the VCI (need to have it on)and select it. It would probaby show as usb device, so make sure you are not selecting the midi interface from your sound interface.
    Also check the box "Only use default devices ".

After doing this try booting traktor with the vci on and try to select it on the midi devices (remember that sometimes it is called emulated usb bla bla).

Try this and post the results please. It did work perfectly on T3.4
    Good luck

Tech Convert

For anybody with 'USB Audio Device [Emulated]' showing up, enable it and give it a try. That was the solution for me.

It shows up as USB Audio Device. But when I try loading the djtechtools mapping.. I receive the following

Accessor information has unknown version. Therefore it has been ignored.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

That usually means there's a conflict with the TSI/TKS, shouldn't have anything to do with the VCI-100.

Try a different TSI/TKS file
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

well i finally got mine to work. i reinstalled a fresh copy of Win XP Sp3 and i also got rid of all my logitech gear(mouse,keyboard and cam) and replaced it with microsoft gear. the system immediately recognized my VCI and traktor also. as usb audio Emulated like migz. i then had a problem with traktor freezing up every time i selected my sound card, this was do to my drivers being out of date. i fixed that problem by downloading new drivers from the web and now everything is working perfect. might i add that all the frustration was well worth it.. so if anybody has any questions about my particular problems, don't hesitate to hit me up at crazymdj1@yahoo.com

Tech Mentor

Hi guys,

same here with my VCI 100 after FW Update and update from Traktor 3.3 to 3.4( before the Traktor upgrade it showed up as VCI 100 even after the FW upgrade).

Traktor had a hard time starting after the upgrade to 3.4 and even locked up!

So with my C2Duo HP Laptop running XP and SP2 and SP3 (two different Installations), Traktor 3.4 and my VCI-100 FW 1.3 here is what helped me.

First of all my VCI was visible in Traktors midi Section as "usb audio Emulated". <---Selecting that got it to work.

Also before starting traktor and booted my rebooted my VCI into FW 1.3 (See Eans video and launching FW 1.2 or FW 1.3) and ever since my VCI shows up as VCI-100 und the midi preferences section in traktor.

Kind of mysterious, but that method got my VCI-100(s) to how up under both my different XP installations as "VCI-100" in Traktor 3.4.

the only thing i needed to do when it locked up was to go in as admin, uninstall the drivers, unplug and reinstall.....haven't had a problem since.

Hi!
    I have read all the posts. I have the same issue. I just installed a logitech Quickcam last week and it affected Traktor. I have uninstalled the drivers, but I cant get it to work. I dont know what else to do. I dont want to reformat my HD because I have a lot of softwares and thousands of music. Any body else found another solution? or anyone can help me out? I feel like throwing my pc from my balcony.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast