Question about soundcards and JACK Audio
    Tech Wizard

Default Question about soundcards and JACK Audio

Alright, I'm not quite sure if this is the place for this, but let's go for it. Sorry if it belongs somewhere else. You guys have already been so helpful with all of my questions that are almost related to DJing, but not really. In this I'm trying to hack together an interface for one deck DVS control for AS CHEAP AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

First off, I'm on Windows 7 and using VJ Pro for this specific project.

So yesterday I got two M-Audio Fast Tracks for $2 each at a junk store/tanning salon (don't ask, Kentucky is a strange place.) Since they have mono ins I was thinking I could use they for a one deck DVS set-up, on for each channel (L & R) in VDJ. Problem is VDJ can only recognize one sound card at a time, so I booted up the trusty Jack Audio Connection Kit (which has helped me with every other haired brained DVS monstrosity I could dream up) but Jack doesn't list the M-Audio cards. Does anyone know if these cards are just not compatible with Jack on Windows (I know they are on Linux, a lots of programs seem to be like this and the Jack developers seem entirely disinterested in the needs of their Windows users) or if there's something I could do to make them show up?

Also, does anyone know any other programs for Windows similar to Jack?

Also-also, does anyone know a basic program I could use to monitor the input of my sound card (hoping the Jack would recognize it and then route the audio from there?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can aggregate soundcards in Windows with asio4all.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Well shit, turns out one of these Fast Tracks doesn't actually work.
    Would it be possible to aggregate the ins on my internal and external sound cards? I've never used ASIO for that before.