Mixing into One- SHM - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by elio_xh View Post
    Last week I got a request for it, and I brought it in from Daft Punk's One More Time. I ran a 4 beat loop over "one more time" then shortened it to just "One" over which i played the beginning intro synth. Got a really good reaction from it.
    SHM also does that in their shows. i can tell you: people will lose their sh*t when doing that. here one (no pun intented) example i witnessed myself on NYE 2011:

skip to around 3:10 and let it play from there
    [youtube]vC-SGz1In_k[/youtube]

Tech Mentor

Ill let you know when they do it tonight at the garden....
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

It just sounds sick! Another one of my personal favourites happened when I got a request for Katy Perry- California Gurls (It was her bday so i had to) I mixed that out to Fedde Le Grand's Put Your Hands Up. There's one part in the Katy Perry song where she says put your hands up, and fedde says the same thing, so I just ran those two loops at the same time and just cross faded it. I'll record it when I get home
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Tech Guru

It just sounds sick! Another one of my personal favourites happened when I got a request for Katy Perry- California Gurls (It was her bday so i had to) I mixed that out to Fedde Le Grand's Put Your Hands Up. There's one part in the Katy Perry song where she says put your hands up, and fedde says the same thing, so I just ran those two loops at the same time and just cross faded it. I'll record it when I get home
    that is genius

i'm waiting as well. You should make a mash up if you can bro!
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Here it is, sorry for delay, I'm currently on finals, and I just got some free time now. And I have so many mashups I have ready I just need to put together, I just haven't had the time. But after tomorrow at noon, it's just going to be me, my laptop and my DJ equiptment for 3 weeks

DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Tech Guru

Here it is, sorry for delay, I'm currently on finals, and I just got some free time now. And I have so many mashups I have ready I just need to put together, I just haven't had the time. But after tomorrow at noon, it's just going to be me, my laptop and my DJ equiptment for 3 weeks

that was so sick :eek:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12