Mixing into One- SHM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mixing into One- SHM

So, im currently doing a mix... like right now... And...

Bouncer(ing) into the start of One-SHM is amazing... i guess its just that people know the synth intro thing...

anyway. I thought it was a really cool idea... but probably done before...

Any other songs it might work with?
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Mentor

just got the beat in a loop and slowly make it half and get the similar sound of that intro which goes like d-d-d-d-d-d-d and filter the playing one out =p

Last week I got a request for it, and I brought it in from Daft Punk's One More Time. I ran a 4 beat loop over "one more time" then shortened it to just "One" over which i played the beginning intro synth. Got a really good reaction from it.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Quote Originally Posted by elio_xh View Post
    Last week I got a request for it, and I brought it in from Daft Punk's One More Time. I ran a 4 beat loop over "one more time" then shortened it to just "One" over which i played the beginning intro synth. Got a really good reaction from it.
    that is a really cool idea. gonna try that the next time i´ll be spinning stuff like that
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Isnt that what SHM do in their album?
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

SHM did this with a mix CD (Until One) in summer 2010 and since then I've heard at least 20 DJs copy it.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    SHM did this with a mix CD (Until One) in summer 2010 and since then I've heard at least 20 DJs copy it.
    In there before you matey
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    In there before you matey
    Ahaha oh well this sucks.... :P Ok, forget the transition, just fader slam it in.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

When some songs fade out for a break then back for a build up i will use transpose stretch to slow it down then add a bouncer to a new song. I usually do that if i want to create a cool 15-25 seconds of a build up and fade and drop into a new song.
    I found it works awesome with electro house/ dubby style songs that have lyrics.

example of it. I mixed benny benassi satisafction and used the beatmasher to grab "satisfaction" and used transpose stretch on levels remixed by hardwell. worked great.

i tried it like 10 times till i found what parts i wanted to do. cool effect. most people dont expect it coming.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Literally heard that done a few weeks ago at the on campus bar... while I don't like One, I must admit it was a pretty kick ass transition, great minds think a like I guess lol.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast