What do i need to change from Traktor Pro to Scratch Pro? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Karlos Santos is correct, I had to go through all the same questions when I upgraded from TPro to TProScratch
    DJ N8
    "Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we die" -DMB

Tech Wizard

Thanks very much everyone. Thats cleared that up and while the pound is shit against the euro, i think i will wait.

cheers Michael

Karlos, any chance we will see a "without HW" option sometime? I've been checking out different DVSs for the last 2-3 weeks (..and my room is stacked with control records..) and considering the quality of my current sound card and the pricing of the package, there's currently no incentive to get TPro Scratch, same goes for Scratch Live - both certainly rock =(

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Hmm hard to see it happening in the near future.
    I certainly see more mixer manufacturers teaming up with software companies. Im currently praying that Vestax and N.I will come good with the new 08Pro mixer.
    That will enable people to buy packages that dont include soundcards but even then they are still expensive packages.

I agree with you about the soundcard issue. I have a Presonus Firebox which in my opinion is better than the Audio 8.

At least with Traktor you get a 2 deck Demo. Ive used SSL and i like it but the Demo versions of SSL and Itch are pointless. Why cant i download Itch and Demo it with 2 decks with my Faderfox. It makes no sense.

Until theres more 'love' for the beginner all companies will simple pump out expensive packages.

It helps to know exactly what you want and buy the right stuff to begin with but who amongst us can really say that we knew what we were doing from the first step?

so is there any difference in Tracktor Scratch PRO software and Traktor PRO software?... like if i buy the TSPRO packagae with soundcard, cables and shit do i have the option of using the software the midi way without timecodes?
    b/c i had always the idea of just buying the TSPRO pack and have everything... right?
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    so is there any difference in Tracktor Scratch PRO software and Traktor PRO software?...
    No difference at all only support for Timecode control with TSP.
    TSP and TP have exactly the same features.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    like if i buy the TSPRO packagae with soundcard, cables and shit do i have the option of using the software the midi way without timecodes?
    b/c i had always the idea of just buying the TSPRO pack and have everything... right?
    Yeah no worries. TSP can be used with a midi setup alone . If you are thinking that you may want to use both setups (i do) then buying TSP is a good idea.
    I have 2 completely separate TSI setups for Timecode plus Midi controller or Midi Controller on its own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12