Many Smiles - 1 hour of Atmospheric/liquid/Jumpup and Neuro DnB anthems

Arrow Many Smiles - 1 hour of Atmospheric/liquid/Jumpup and Neuro DnB anthems

An all over the place mix that I played last night at a party. A few critical errors to be sure (the mix into circus and the mix into Be True stick out to me) but I think the mix came off pretty well. As always no preplanning or anything, just kinda kept it cheesy and fun for most of the mix. Let me know what you think in the comments

Tracklist

Equinox - Coastal Vision (Nebula Remix)
    Severity Zero - Take This Love - Rotation Deep UK
    Seba - Painted Skies (Micken Remix)
    Blu Mar Ten feat Kirsty Hawkshaw - Whisper - Blu Mar Ten
    Tim Cant - For My Love - Liquid Brilliants
    Natural Born Chillers - Rock The Funky Beats (remix) - Urban Takeover
    Chase & Status - Hurt You - RAM
    DC Breaks - Take That - RAM
    Culture Shock - Bad Red - RAM
    Aphrodite - Mission (Rolling Mix) - Aphrodite Recordings
    Dom & Roland - Can't Punish Me - Moving Shadow
    DC Breaks - Circus - Sudden Def Recordings
    KASIO - Russian Girl - Bassdrive
    Fresh - Submarines - Breakbeat Kaos
    Donnie Dubson - Moodswings - Fokuz
    Mav - Grace Light - Fokuz
    Commix - Be True - Metalheadz
    Brookes Brothers - Tear You Down - Breakbeat Kaos
    Logistics - Closer - Hospital
    Exocet - Demon Seed (S.P.Y Remix) - Nu Directions
    Tyke & Recipe - The Music Makers - Grid Recordings
    B Cloud - Flying in a Dream - Aerial Vibes
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Really, there is no love for true Jump Up out here... it's ok, you don't always have to be cool and listen to super underground stuff, there's a place for big tunes in everyone's heart... And if you partied in the US in the late 90s you definitely jammed to Aphrodite and Mickey Finn...Just Sayin

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

On the download

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    Dom & Roland - Can't Punish Me - Moving Shadow

Commix - Be True - Metalheadz

Exocet - Demon Seed (S.P.Y Remix) - Nu Directions
    YES! YES! YES!!!!! Such good tracks!!!!!
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Citizen - While I love those three tracks, the mix really isn't that consistent...and the mix into commix (if you can call it that I kinda just slammed it in...) was because a hand of mine was asking me "to play the song that went hee hee hee he he he" I got it right, but was sorta lost when I got to it so it came off pretty badly...

interesting tracklist. addint this to my downloads for today as well. And about the Beatport MP3 stuff, i hear ya on that... i've gotten my fair share of bad MP3s from there. The way i judge it now is if it sounds bad in the preview, and the waveform thingy doesnt look "big" and full, i pretty much just dont buy that track regardless of if i like it.

Listened to all but the last 3 tracks, but im about to on my next drive in a few minutes. So far heres what i think... Im not a huge fan of Jump Up, but every once in a while if im bored, ill play around with it. That said, the jump up included here was sneaked in there just at the right times! It actually helped the flow of the overall mix, gave it a "boost". We all love Rock The Funky Beats =P , that was one of the few D&B tracks that has ever been played on normal mainstream radio stations. LOL @ Normal...

Cant wait to listen to Demon Seed remix, i first heard the original of this track waaaay back on DJ DB's Shades of Technology mix CD. Somewhere in the middle of the mix, maybe just before the middle, there was a really crazy part where there was alot of them beatcuts you do, but there was also alot of fancy stuff going on, kinda got hectic for a while, was that you doing all that stuff? or was it just the tracks? Either way, that sounded reaaaaaaaally freakin good. Loved the intro track as well.

I see that you tried out some different transitions. I thought that was good that you were a bit more daring in your transitions. Too many DJs play it safe and get boring after a while, most of the transitions made it ok, but near where i stopped listening i could tell that some of the mixes werent as tight as the rest,... I think that happens to alot of us, once we get to that 45 min mark, we kinda get a bit sloppy. Still, nothing too bad. Good stuff again, cant wait to finish it up now.