New Disco House Track FREE 2 Download D3RKIN - Southside Beatdown
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default New Disco House Track FREE 2 Download D3RKIN - Southside Beatdown

Just finished this today let me know what you think.
    Setup: Acer AMD Phenom 2.2 ghz Quad Core Processor 8 Gigs Of DDR3 Ram, Traktor Pro 2, Native Instruments Kontrol S2, and Native Instruments Kontrol X1. Follow Me On Twitter Or Check Out My Website https://twitter.com/#!/D3RKIN
    www.discopimpschicago.com

Tech Mentor

any input is welcome.
    Setup: Acer AMD Phenom 2.2 ghz Quad Core Processor 8 Gigs Of DDR3 Ram, Traktor Pro 2, Native Instruments Kontrol S2, and Native Instruments Kontrol X1. Follow Me On Twitter Or Check Out My Website https://twitter.com/#!/D3RKIN

dling!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

good work.. i kinda miss a breakdown
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

Thanks

Banned

Honestly, there's no arrangement whatsoever. Just sounds like you slapped some loops together and dropped a kick under it and called it a day. And calling this disco is a stretch, more like that late 80's jacking Chicago house sound.

But the point is, the track doesn't do anything. Like I said, no arrangement, no automation, no nada. I like the sounds and loops, but you really need to work on an arrangement though instead of just having everything play at once.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the input.

Tech Mentor

I take input for what it is opinion, I have seen plenty of negative post from this member on other threads from other members. I have been producing for quite some time, and DJing since 94'. I don't want people to think is not a good house track, listen for yourself and you be the judge. There is a arrangement but I guess that if you can't tell and it sounds like one song I guess I should take that as a compliment. Samples have been chopped up and rearranged from original state and are not just taken directly from the original songs. There is also automation filters, vocoding, levels, and more... On this same label that I am on there are tracks by Paul Johnson and Mazi who I also have djed with and worked with in the past. So once you are on a label then I will take your opinion to heart.
    Last edited by djkevind; 12-18-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djkevind View Post
    I take input for what it is opinion, I have seen plenty of negative post from this member on other threads from other members
    A lot of his feedback is negative but in this case Nephew's actually being constructive. I will say that he definitely knows his stuff about some areas of house music (pretty sure you're not keeping track of the screechy electro house, are you Nephew?) and I know he's been producing for years and has some releases behind him. I agree with what he said, it sounds good but doesn't really seem to go anywhere. I'm no expert on house music and far from an expert at production but as someone who listens to music a hell of a lot, I feel like it's lacking in development.

TL;DR Research the guy you're gonna bash a little more before you start swinging and end up making a fool of yourself. And develop the track a bit more, it's got some good sounds.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Mentor

I said everyone is entitled to there own opinion, I did see most of his post I did read most of them for quite a while before I had posted a comment. As you can see the time the post was made was almost 7 hours later than my first post. Most of his post seem to be very opinionated, as most other people enjoyed the other posters media. Maybe the last sentence was harsh and maybe should have been excluded from my post, so sorry if I have hurt anyone's feelings. I put this out here so if you like it you download it before it gets released publicly, if you don't like it that is okay too. I will agree that the track is minimal as you stated, but it is right on track with most dub house tracks in this genre. There is a person for every track out there, that is what is great about the music industry. It is all about expression and there is no right or wrong way to express your thoughts and feelings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast