Advice needed on some cdjs and mixer
    Tech Wizard

Default Advice needed on some cdjs and mixer

Ok unfortuantly my old controller has just come to the end of its life.
    1000euro is my budget but little higher maybe ok.

Im using traktor pro 2 at the moment and want to take a cdj approach this time with the added ability of using the items with traktor still.

The items im considering are Numark NDX 800 x2 and either the behringer DDM 4000 mixer or the Numark x6 mixer. These will cost me around 900 Euro new with 3 years warrenty.

Or the other choice is.

Pioneer cdj 400 x2 and djm 400 mixer costing 1100 euros second hand with no warrenty.

Other choice would be wait for the numark mixdeck quad but theres a back order on the website i use until march. Which will need before this. Unless anyone has any ideas on another place to buy from?

Is it going to be worth it going for second hand for quality with risk of them being in bad condition or on there last legs.
    Or are the new Numarks with DDM 4000 or X6 mixer still able to perform with great quallity.
    I unfortuantly live in Finland and only way to get gear into my city is mail order so trying before buying is not really an option on the second hand or new gear.
    (Shop that does sell DJ items only sells top end modles and when i bought my X1 they didnt even let me try that)

I had your second set up used. 400s all the way around I ended up getting a djm 700 later down the road, but really I love my set up. I can't say much about the numark, but the 400 really has almost every capability needed.
    Last edited by guiltyblade; 12-19-2011 at 09:34 AM.

my advice: 2x cdj400 + xone22

or even better: 2x cdj850 + xone22 (but not in your price range)

all these things you can buy second hand without fear if you find someone who is nice to his equip because the quality is very good.

Tech Wizard

Thats my only problem buying second hand here in Finland its imposible to find any DJ gear thats any better than my current. so i will have to buy blind from ebay.

I might sell my 850's soon. Feel like upgrading! i live in stockholm,
    Your able to combine purchase with a nice partycruise!

Tech Wizard

i am well overdue for a nice cruise.

Hey man,

I only skimmed threw the posts, so if i missed something.. I am sorry.

Dont get those numark cdjs. I was playing with them the other day at L&M and they feel like junk and also the cueing and looping control is not very intuitive.

My CDJ800MKII feel 100x better than those things. You'll be missing out if you buy those.

If you side by side them at your store with another cdj you'll feel the difference immediately.

Maybe you should see if you can finance something that's slightly out of your range. Put your money down on it and by the time you need another payment you'll have the cash.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Tech Mentor

Try to get some 350s or 400s, then buy a simple mixer. Or do what Ryan says, just wait till you can buy 850s, 900s or even 2000s. The size of the screen actually kinda bothers me with the 350s since i came from a 17 inch laptop.

If you want rekordbox AND you want to buy something ASAP, just get 2x CDJ350 + cheap mixer (probably 4channels, just for the club-layout). You may have to wait because CDJ350s are new like 300EUR

Tech Wizard

wish i could get cdj 350 for 300 each. the cheapest i can get here for is 550 euro. since my controller went out of action ive had to say no to 2 eventi had to use some savings for car repair so now getting less to use. have just over 600 and for that i can obly get something like numark ndx 400 and behringer nox 404 mixer.
    i work full time and dj as a hobby that i get paid little for most of the time its just like parties in small to medium sized halls and few pubs occasionally.
    hoping this setup would do me as running out of options and is going to take a fair while to get myself decent gear.

Tech Mentor

O yeah i was confused about that price :s.

A little tip about that Pioneer gear, if you know people at your local 'Pioneer-authorized'-garage, you might be abke to let them get a pair. My daddid that once for me, got a PAIR of (new) 350s for about 500~600 euro. If you dont know people you can also just ask an email-adres and mail with some Pioneer-insiders.