Mixtrack with TP2 LPD8 + mpd26 or mpd32?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Mixtrack with TP2 LPD8 + mpd26 or mpd32?

I am thinking on getting some midi controllers for my mixtrack and traktor pro 2 set up. Im running a macbook pro 13" 2011 with OSX lion too.

My question is can i map 2 extra controllers lpd8 and mpd26 to work with my current set up to control fx banks, samples banks and other parameters in tp2?

or can i just get the bigger mpd32 to save space and cash. but i heard something about mpd32 having problems with lion is this true?

please help out, need some advise before dishing out $$ on controllers that i might not be able to use coz of compatibility.

Please

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by SoleMark; 12-19-2011 at 12:57 AM.
    Numark Mixtrack + Numark DJ IO + Macbook pro 13" 2011

Check out my--->SoundCloud

I don't use tractor but Im pretty sure you can map a secondary controller for anything you want. I do use a MPD32 in Ableton and Im running Lion, no problems so far but the pads on the MPD need pad corks, the responsiveness without them is shit.

If your planning to use a MPD do you really need a LPD8? There are 4 pad banks and 3 control banks on the MPD so I don't see the need for a LPD, when it comes to choosing between the 26 and the 32 it comes down to if you need 2 extra faders and encoders.

Tech Wizard

coz my plan was to map lpd8 for sample + sample volume knows.. mapping mpd26 for effects with the knobs, and cue points 4-7.. and and trigger effects banks 1/2 on deck A and deck B respectively.. this allows me to straight up just turn a knob or trigger a pad... I want a straight forward flow and not press any other bottons to shift banks.

So can you run lpd8+mpd26 on traktor with a mixtrack controller on lion or would a mpd32 run lion so i wouldnt be getting lpd anymore saving space.

Tech Wizard

dude, on a side note whats a pad cork?

i run my mpd32 on lion and it works fine
    pad corks are corks that reduce the space between the pad and the sensor, the are $15 through mpcstuff.com or you could put a few layers of electrical tape on the underside of the pads

Tech Wizard

ah.. does this void warranty though? ima take a note of that.. cool.. where'd you get the drivers for it? if it runs on lion i think there are no worries if it would run traktor pro 2 then..

not that i know of there isn't a seal on the back, i bought mine used so i didn't have a warranty. it will run on traktor there are some nice mapping on http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...one.aspx?id=53
    haven't tried any of them out cause i use ableton but they look really fun you can always make your own mapping as well
    as for the drivers its plug and play but there is a firmware update on akais website i think

Tech Wizard

Thanks bro.. ima grab a mpd32 then instead of the lpd8+mpd26 set up.. less usb plugging the better way.. less clutter haha

anytime man less table space is always a plus and using a usb hub can slow shit down (sound card + usb hub = bad sound lol)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast