HOWITZER - Adrenaline; liquid/deep/minimal/tech/ big mix!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HOWITZER - Adrenaline; liquid/deep/minimal/tech/ big mix!

Ez All,

The latest and greatest came out of the lab last night, there were a few birthing pains but were left with a healthy slab of bass.

Dont let the liquid fool you though, this gets neuro and nasty for the second half. I hope you like your tunes fierce!

Peel Street - Octane
    Together - Logistics
    Be True - Commix
    Babyfaced Battleaxe - Foreign Concept
    The Fourth - Blu Mar Ten
    Taken - Eastcolors
    Is Anybody Out There - Bcee, S.P.Y.
    Whisper - Blu Mar Ten
    Since We've Been Apart - D Bridge
    Get Close - Mortem
    Winter in Sardinia - ArpXp
    Voyager 2 - Heavy1
    The Abyss (Original Mix) - Ford
    The Rift - Jubei & Kasra
    Micro Organism - Phace & Noisia
    Take A Side - Amoss
    What's Wrong - Phace & Misanthrop
    Contortion - Xtrah
    So Close - Icicle
    Obsession - Enei & MC DRS
    Medellin - Spinline
    Back In The Grind (Cern & Dabs Remix) - Octane
    Freedom Of Filth - Phace
    Splitface - Amoss
    Blue Eyes - Skeptical
    People - Dexcell

As always, comments and critique are more than welcome, in fact, encouraged

If you like what you hear and want some more dnb in your life come check out my blog: http://howitzerdnb.wordpress.com/
    or follow me on facebook/twitter
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Downloading, and will listen on my way to work and back today.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

On the download now. That track list looks fantastic (pretty sure I have most of it lol). Will give it a play when I've done the drum & bass train.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

I absolutely loved this. Pretty much all the transitions were spot on, i got lost in the music as everything flowed really nice. there was not a single time i questioned a transition, or why a track was used in certain spots everything was just right. I've said this before with other mixes, but i mean it always and even now, this is my favourite mix on here by far. I will definitely be picking up some of the tracks played on here.

Downloading now, will listen to tomorrow at work
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiExcel View Post
    I absolutely loved this. Pretty much all the transitions were spot on, i got lost in the music as everything flowed really nice. there was not a single time i questioned a transition, or why a track was used in certain spots everything was just right. I've said this before with other mixes, but i mean it always and even now, this is my favourite mix on here by far. I will definitely be picking up some of the tracks played on here.
    Wicked mate, glad you enjoyed it! Cant get much better critique than that! I spend a lot of time prepping these mixes, making sure each transiton sits right and the energy flows properly. Your critique is a testament to my diligence, thanks
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

bump

bump #2

Tech Mentor

OK im writing this as i listen, loving the logistics and commix mix. didnt think the d bridge tune worked but i always find it hard to drop in a set mixing it in and out because i think the bass is quite different to alot of other tunes out at the moment. winter in sardinia is my fav tune at the moment really like the transition in to that one. and then from heavy 1 to amoss - take a side i couldnt really hear the transitions which is a good thing, your beatmatching is pretty much spot on. i think the hardest thing is choosing songs and most of them sounded good except for a few which i thought didnt work well but im a perfectionist and when listening to a mix i really do listen to the transitions. i like your mixing style, long blends which imo is the way to mix dnb. very nice mix

Thanks very much man

The dbridge tune you mention, is that 'since weve been apart' @ 16:00 ?

Im glad you like my mixing style man, cheers for the complements.

Howd you find the flow of the mix? Ive had some comments about the transition from liquid to minimal/tech being a bit wierd. Its like a genre encompassing mix rather than being boiled down to a single sub genre. Its different strokes for different folks, but every opinion counts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast