Modular Setup options..on the cheap.
    Tech Mentor

Default Modular Setup options..on the cheap.

Hey everyone. I would like some suggestions for a modular setup. I have a hercules rmx and i hate it. I want to make a setup thats fun and stuff. I'll start with making add ons to what I have.
    My eventual goal is to create a fun midi setup, for 4 decks, for cheap.
    What I have:
    >Hercules rmx

What I want to add on:
    Traktor Pro 1: 99$
    MPD 18: ~75$

are there better options for the money? I was thinking an x1, but i could probably get more pads and knobs for cheaper elsewhere.
    Last edited by buddha131; 12-21-2011 at 11:31 AM.
    I AM A DISK JERKER

Tech Mentor

forever alone
    I AM A DISK JERKER

Tech Mentor

Not necessarily cheaper, but try novation's launchpad. The buttons aren't velocity sensitive, but you can find em second hand for around $100 and you can't get more buttons for the price If you look hard you may be able to find one for less than $100. Plus there's some great traktor mappings for it out there.
    I have one and love it, although you may want to check it out at your local guitar center/ music store because the button action is a little weird, you may not like it.
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Tech Guru

Isnt the x1 running the special where they give u traktor pro upgrade? Thats pretty good value right there id say..

If they rent running special right now, im suretheyll do it again sometime in near future. So u may want to factor that in.