What I would like to see in Pioneer's next CDJ - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Lol.

The first time I did it with Traktor, I felt proud. But i had been on Ableton for a while, hadn't touched decks in over a year, and had never even pretended to try to beat match manually with a controller. It still worked, but I was astonished.

I certainly don't think it's absolutely necessary to be able to do it manually depending on your goals, your equipment, and where you are in your career. The only thing I don't get is the resistance to learning it.

It's really not that hard. Any of the old DJF guys remember those videos of Marc's kid doing it…when he was like 4………

Tech Wizard

it can be kinda hard...when you're using slow southern rap, T.I or some shit. but even then it's more a matter of the beat structure being different rather than difficulty matching tempo, it can sound weird.

Quote Originally Posted by 3IJ View Post
    Integrated Timecode

...plug turntable RCAs into back of CDJ and control whatever is playing on it
    I just remembered that Vestax/Tascam already did that. Kinda. It wasn't time code, it was this thing that tracked the record kinda like how mouse balls used to work before everyone went optical.

They had connections to some rackmount CD players, the Vestax CDX-05, and the Mixwell CD-DJ1. I used one of the mixwell things once with just a slipmat and was really impressed…except when my terrible scratching knocked the wheel thing off.

Still…it was kinda cool. I'm not sure why it never caught on except that Tascam and Vestax don't have the marketing budget of Pioneer, which sucks because a lot of Vestax's stuff is pretty good.

^^^ that tracking ball made so much more sense, no more wear for both record and needles.

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    you would be surprised at how many so called djs I know who come and play with me can't at all. I play at this one place and when they have to transition to another dj with different equipment or something goes wrong they call me over to do it. Pretty sad.

I lost count myself. Like I always say, many will autosync and beatgrid, few will be DJs. Let them be noobs for life as it only contributes to make the real DJs look better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123