Our English Bulldog puppy skateboarding

Default Our English Bulldog puppy skateboarding

I am struggling to find enough spare time in my life to manage my DJ'ing hobby and teaching our new English Bulldog puppy how to skateboard. Figured I'd share some videos of him learning how to ride. Check em out and let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKTN...xXu59XZitpqDgh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZSn-...eKl5xYV_hv4BKB
    Macbook Pro 15" (2.3 GHz Quad i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD), S4, Maschine, Beat Masher, Cue Master

That is a hobby I can approve of. I don't think we could get my beagle to sit still enough to do such things, but that is sweet
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

This is what the Internet was invented for!!! Brilliant. Really nice looking dog as well. We've got a boxer. So wish I'd taught her how to skateboard!!! British bulldogs are great looking dogs. What's its temperament like? Fun?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Mentor

Why is it alway's Bulldogs? Ever since I can remember skateboarding dogs have always been Bulldogs. I've wanted one ever since Lance Mountain had one skating in an old Bones Brigade flick. I'm jelous...

That is one beautiful animal!

Bulldogs = cool.

Skating Bulldogs = V. Cool

Skating Bulldogs that hi-5 = :eek:
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    That is one beautiful animal!

Bulldogs = cool.

Skating Bulldogs = V. Cool

Skating Bulldogs that hi-5 = :eek:
    I agree man. Hi-5ing bulldogs that can skate are definitely in my all time top 5 animals!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Wizard

Thats pretty sweet man, my roomates english bulldog has been trying on a long board but can only get 2 legs on before starting to eat the board.

GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post
    Why is it alway's Bulldogs? Ever since I can remember skateboarding dogs have always been Bulldogs. I've wanted one ever since Lance Mountain had one skating in an old Bones Brigade flick. I'm jelous...
    I just said the same thing!

Its always the bulldogs on the boards!
    They must have some knack for it!

I could not teach my Shar-Pei to do shit!
    He was just cute out of his own!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Thanks guys! Yeah I couldn't have lucked out with a better dog. Cliff is f'ing amazing. He basically does want we want to do. If we want to go out and skate, he skates. If I'm watching football with the guys, he sits there and chills and often seems to be watching.

Training your dog to skate isn't as hard as you might think. I think the key is to make it fun for your dog, not to push too hard too fast, and use plenty of treats.

I started the first week we had Cliff by giving him treats and petting him on his board while on the carpet so the board wouldn't go anywhere. A few days later I had his board in our hallway and he just got on it and pushed! At that point, I knew he liked it and really started working with him each day.

He easily learned how to push and jump on and ride... but I was struggling how to get him to learn to continue pushing.

I then found these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhnQRz7_iWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG1UF...eature=related

They are really well done and show you exactly how to train them to do this. They fit in perfectly with what I had been doing, but tying the rope to the board and pulling back/forth was what helped me get him to learn how to push repeatedly.

Hope this helps those that want to give it a shot!
    Macbook Pro 15" (2.3 GHz Quad i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD), S4, Maschine, Beat Masher, Cue Master