DJ Marv's Set Up
    Tech Wizard

Default DJ Marv's Set Up

it all started in school then

My first set up was this

American Audio DCD Pro 300 MKIII (with no seamless loop)
    Gemini PMX 10 2 Channel Mixer
    I had some generic Headphones then
    The case was made by some Cabinet maker that was in town.
    Mazda 626 1989 Model to haul everything about (That's my most important piece of gear)

That was all i had then, used to rent PA from a Church in school then , used to be weird having the same speakers blasting "secular" tunes on Fridays & Saturdays whilst on Sunday the Pastor and Choir preaching the Good News on it.

Took me half a year to save for the Mixer and another loan from a rich girlfriend then to get the DCD. I rocked all the school parties with this badboys.

Now i ve got this sleeping beside me every night

Stanton ST 150s
    Shure M-44
    Uberstand
    KRK Rokit 5
    DJM 700
    NI X1
    Pioneer DJM 700 (Midi Mapping to VSL currently)
    SSL with VSL
    VDJ7/Traktor copies to practice with
    Just Got a Super Budget Powered 15inch QTX Speaker for HouseParties

I sorta went in a retrograde way in the my set up..Started with CDs, went Software only, then back to Vinyl. Now i'm stuck in the DVS stage. Think I'm too old to be trying to crack Ableton and all its "warping". Besides i don't produce cos i think i'm tone deaf.

If need be for more sound then hire is the way.

Looking to add something to the setup soon. Them Stanton's weigh as much as a Nissan Micra and my poor back is acting up again. Maybe CDJs 400 or 350 to keep everything compact yet flexible & to prevent every drunk house guest from trying to scratch one me decks
    Last edited by dj_marv; 12-21-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Neat little setup there bruv.

CDJs would make a nice addition to the kit. A pair of Pioneer 800mk2's would fill a gap.

Yeah man that's a nice set up you've got. How do you like scratch live? It was my first venture into digital and I hand on heart loved every second I had it!! If I had room for a permanent setup id seriously consider going back to it. What's the 700 like? I've used the 600 and 800.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Filthsky View Post
    Neat little setup there bruv.

CDJs would make a nice addition to the kit. A pair of Pioneer 800mk2's would fill a gap.
    Thanks. And yeah a CDJ 800 probably will be too big. i need something small for gigs i dont wanna take the Turntables too. Ya' know dem ones you need to close shop fast. I dont think i'm gonna be playing at some club so i dont really need the 800. Besides i think i know my way around the higher end CDJs.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Yeah man that's a nice set up you've got. How do you like scratch live? It was my first venture into digital and I hand on heart loved every second I had it!! If I had room for a permanent setup id seriously consider going back to it. What's the 700 like? I've used the 600 and 800.
    I love Serato Scratch live. They are a bit slow to fix bugs and all. i remember having to boot into 32bit for a long time before they sorted out issues with the 2011 Macs. But when they do get around to sorting it..its great.

Yeah the whole Serato SL is Real Estate taking..half my room for that alone and you know how the so called Master Suites in the Europe are like.

DJM 700 is a great mixer. All the stuff i need and none that i dont need. Its midi compatible so i'm mapping it to the Video SL plug-in already. Just a few stages done and it seems to be handling well.

Tech Wizard

Added a pair of CDJs, a few months back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Wizard

One Turntable is in storage. The X1 is not getting any love either.

This is where the GAS stops...I hope.