Incorrect BPM in traktor for dubstep track
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Incorrect BPM in traktor for dubstep track

When I load dubstep tracks in my traktor. 75% of the time it gets set to the wrong bpm around 70 to 90 bpm. Most dubstep bpm range from 140-170. Where can I manually change the dubstep tracks bpm to the correct one.

Tech Mentor

Traktor recognizes them as 70BPM rather than 140BPM because the drums are in half time, you can beatgrid them at 140BPM instead which I prefer because its a lot easier to go from 125-130BPM to 140 rather than all the way down to 70, see YouTube for tutorials on beatgridding.

i have never heard a dubstep track at 170bpm

Read some of the many threads on beatgridding and perhaps watch some of the many videos on beatgridding too.

Most dubstep is circa 140bpm, so narrowing your bpm detection range should do the trick. Check the manual.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 12-20-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

"Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

At 170 bpm you are probably thinking of drum and bass.

Click the 'x2' button in the advanced beatgridding panel bit to quickly go from 70bpm beat gridded to 140

Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    i have never heard a dubstep track at 170bpm
    I've never heard a dubstep track not at exactly 140.000.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rdubs23 View Post
    Traktor recognizes them as 70BPM rather than 140BPM because the drums are in half time, you can beatgrid them at 140BPM instead which I prefer because its a lot easier to go from 125-130BPM to 140 rather than all the way down to 70, see YouTube for tutorials on beatgridding.
    Going from 130 to 140 is exactly the same as if you were going from 130 to 70, since 70 is just 140 in half time. No idea how the sync button treats this case but if you take sync out of the picture (and use your ears) it shouldn't matter what your software thinks the bpm is.

Personally I'd still label the track 140 so that it's easier to keep organized and will show up next to the rest of your 140 bpm tracks.

Tech Mentor

The only thing i dont really like about settting dubstep/drumstep to 140/175 is that it really screws with the beat masher...1/4 notes are 1/8 notes and 1/2 notes become 1/4 notes so it takes a bit of getting used to, especially if you are using a midi fighter or any midifighter mapping.
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

I like my dnb at 85-ish because of the effects issue, but dubstep at 140-ish works fine for me. I try not to overdo the beatmasher anyway, heh.....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast