S4 Addition Helpz

Default S4 Addition Helpz

I just got my S4 i bought myself for Christmas (ho ho ho ) and was gonna get some turntables to go with it and get the scratch upgrade blah blah blah, my question is in the last couple of days ive been battling myself mentally about real turntables as a DVS or should i get CDJs? I used to hate the idea of a CDJ but after looking around i think it might be kinda cool. Just wanting your personal imput, thank ya kindly.

Tech Wizard

Do you really want to scratch? Alot? If so you should definitely get turntables. Otherwise I don't see a need for either. The s4 can control 4 decks and is basically two cdj's glued together. What would you do with the additional cdj's?

Get some TT's and get into scratching... You've got nothing to lose.
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

I wanna do some scratching, but not crazy amounts. I kinda wanted TT/CDJs for a sturdier feel. I love the S4 and how awesome it works with traktor, but i feel like with some real decks id feel like i was more involved with the mixing

I still massively enjoy mixing pure vinyl. There is nothing else quite like it.
    DVS's are close but somehow vinyl just has a magic to it that DVS can't match.

Mixing on Vinyl I personally find a lot of fun to do, but I generally mix DVS (Torq) with external & internal control. Its a lot of fun & I get a lot of enjoyment out of my setup.

To go back to vinyl and the simpleness of it just makes everything seem so much more amazing sometimes.
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

Tech Wizard

Yeah getting cdjs is gonna feel pointless with having the wheels on the s4. I have the setup with turntables and it's the best of both worlds. (stanton-st150's)

I actually have an extra upgrade kit (unopened) I will sell you for very cheap because I don't need it. Let me know. $60 shipped.

S4 => Functional, innovative, useful
    TTs => Orgasmic

^ This.

These guys aren't just about world class beer.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    I wanna do some scratching, but not crazy amounts. I kinda wanted TT/CDJs for a sturdier feel. I love the S4 and how awesome it works with traktor, but i feel like with some real decks id feel like i was more involved with the mixing
    Do you have sync, snap, and quant off?
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________