Audio 10 timecode issues = a little please :) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Have you tried adjusting the latency settings at all? I've had my latency set too low in the past, and it would not calibrate at all.

Maybe compare all of the software settings on the laptops also.

Tech Wizard

Try reinstalling the audio 10 driver. If that doesn't work maybe check that the settings are correct in the audio 10 settings (I forget the name of it, it's in the native instruments folder I think) software. You want it set to line for cdj and phono for turntables.

I'm having pretty much the exact same problem with my Audio 6.
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

Thanks for the continued input guys! everything that has been suggested has yet to work.

Gonna try a few more things before I start making international calls to NI US or Germany, I've ordered the mrk 2 timecode records to see if it is a OG timecode lock out thing, failing that my Mac HDD is due a clean up and a thresh install, so I'll give that a go post xmas, something to look forward to!! I just wanna try everything before I contact NI, as I'm pretty sure this is a bug/software lock out.

@Rkid Dan, hey mate, can you describe what your calibration circle thingies look like, or possibly post a screen capture. Do you have access to Audio 4 or 8 to test if they calibrate ok?

As pictured, I get decent circle's that are not deformed, but they won't turn from white to yellow/orange as they normally do once calibrated

I don't have access to the timecode 'til the 2nd of january again, But it basically shows up as a narrow line. Have tried all suggested methods to fix it with no joy.
    But i plan to uninstall traktor completely when i get back to England and re-install it from ground up. *fingers crossed*

But one of my timecode works just not the other so i'm pretty lost.
    And no unfortunately not, No access to any other NI interface other than an A2DJ.
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Have you tried different drivers?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Good point photojojo, I'll give that a try when I get down me studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Rkid_Dan View Post
    it basically shows up as a narrow line.
    One narrow line should mean its not recieving a stereo input, which means its hardware based, unless you haven't got correct inputs set up in preferences.

If all cables, needles, decks or cdj works fine on one side and not the other, it could sadly mean that one of the inputs on the Audio 6 may well be faulty.

Tech Student

Same problem here with my audio 10.
    Audio 4 and Audio 8 works fine.

Looks like there's a bit of spray over that. When you don't have the needles on the records, do you see a single dot at the center of the scope? Maybe you're getting some kind of grounding issue with the A10 (the power supply is two prong only so it shouldn't be but you never know I guess).
    See what happens if you lift ground on your laptop as well (just try unplugging the power adapter).
    I'm also wondering... what happens if your friends plug into your home setup? Maybe it'd fail for them too.

The last gig I played, a guy had a similar issue to yours with his 2.1.x + A10, except the scope was cleaner and TSP2 just said "waiting" with both mk1/mk2 records. That happened with an A8 and his A10. we changed sample rate/buffer values to no avail. He ended up using internal transport with the X1.
    I didn't want to ask but assumed his TP2 to be legit, hope yours is too.

What I didn't try with him though was plugging the RCAs straight into his A10, we kept using my multicores. Used these with that A8 and mine at two points during the night on two laptops and me + the other guys squatting my A8 didn't encounter any calibration issues. I didn't really want to plug him in directly because one of the TT's RCAs was a bit iffy ... and he'd experienced that problem in the past without multicore cables anyway.

Also you're on 2.1.2 so that should rule out a calibration glitch they had then ...(just doubletripequadruple check... you never know, maybe you're still loading the 2.1.1 app?)
    Last edited by bumtsch; 06-26-2012 at 05:03 PM.

What OS you running?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast