Audio 10 timecode issues = a little please :)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Audio 10 timecode issues = a little please :)

My new Audio 10 landed today but she's (or possibly Traktor) being an awkward blighter!

All seems normal at first, computer selects Audio 10 as sound device and works perfectly. Open Traktor, load a deck, hit play and works as you expect. But when I attempt to use timecode it won't calibrate, the timecode signal strength bar fly's up, indercating a strong signal but then it won't calibrate? I've gone down all the ordinary avenues, all cables, needles checked and re checked over and over, all nesseary hardware drivers installed and up to date, restart Traktor, computer on off, blah blah blah .....

I've then re hooked up my Audio 8 and timecode works fine. I've since tried "2" of my friends Audio 10's and the exactly same problem arises and my Audio 10 works fine on there Traktor, which for me narrows it down to the software.

For once I'm sure it's not user error (hmmm) anyone got a clue what I might be doing wrong?

I know the original Timecode records won't work on newly registered TP2, but I've been on Traktor for a few years now, alas it's the only thing I can narrow it down too, here's a pic of the evidence.

You running 2.1.2?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Can't help you on that one, but just so that you know : I also had problems with an Audio 10 and TSP 2 (last version available can't remember the name)

With MK2 Timecode cds i had this :

And sometimes the blue circle was so streched, it was a very "flat" oval, almost like a line. But i could still play tracks since the calibration was done correctly.

Couldn't find the source of the problem, and it was not related to the CDs, because i swapped CDs between the 2 decks and it was still happing on the same deck.
    So i just removed the scope display, so i don't see the weird oval, and i don't even know if it's still here I don't mind, for the moment it works

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    You running 2.1.2?

Indeed I am, everything up to date

Sounds like a channel issue to me. Are you switching your RCAs? When I first got my Audio 4 and my 1200s, I was having a problem with the channels on one of my Ortofon cartridges, and it gave me the stretched oval when I could get any signal out of it at all. Cleaning the contacts fixed the problem though....

i would suggest to hook up the RCA from the 1200/CDJ directly to the A10. Start by disconnecting everything. Just open TSP with just the A10 plugged in then go from there.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    i would suggest to hook up the RCA from the 1200/CDJ directly to the A10. Start by disconnecting everything. Just open TSP with just the A10 plugged in then go from there.
    I've quite literarily exhausted and narrowed down all hardware elements, I'm all but convinced it's a software based problem/lock out. Between my fellow Traktor interface wielding friends and I, we have two Audio 8 and three Audio 10, all work fine when my friends hook up there laptops, but when I replace there Macs with mine, "all" three Audio 10's don't wanna calibrate but the two Audio 8's work as they should with brilliant strong clean crisp signal.

Thanks for pitching in people, this is really making my shit itch!
    Last edited by Dubba Dutch; 12-21-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubba Dutch View Post
    I've quite literarily exhausted and narrowed down all hardware elements, I'm all but convinced it's a software based problem/lock out. Between my fellow Traktor interface wielding friends and I, we have two Audio 8 and three Audio 10, all work fine when my friends hook up there laptops, but when I replace there Macs with mine, "all" three Audio 10's don't wanna calibrate but the two Audio 8's work as they should with brilliant strong clean crisp signal.

Thanks for pitching in people, this is really making my shit itch!
    man that sucks homie, another reason why i jumped ship to the dark side. I still have my A8 cause its a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    man that sucks homie, another reason why i jumped ship to the dark side. I still have my A8 cause its a beast.
    T2 in general has been a bit of a bumpy ride for me, I can only imagine what it's like to experience the care free world of Dicers and a TTM 57

Quote Originally Posted by Dubba Dutch View Post
    T2 in general has been a bit of a bumpy ride for me, I can only imagine what it's like to experience the care free world of Dicers and a TTM 57
    plug and play with minimal bugs. circa 2006 mixer running like a champ. I love the fx with traktor & the timecode. Give the guys at NI a call tomorrow in Cali, there open til 4 or 5 PM PST>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast