Epic Jogwheel Effect mapping? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Well, not quite. My mapping has a possible 7 "states" or modes as I call them, which are selectable on the fly. My first FX grouping has a beatmasher and a peakfilter. The beat masher has a very sensitive jog, so short movements makes the effect amount move alot. The peak filter is set to maximum and has a very slow jog movement. This gives you the ability to beatmash in one direction, but then do a slow wash with the peak filter in the other. Not exactly what you are looking for, but sort of.

If you could give me an example of effects you'd want to go with in one direction of the jog and then the other, I'll see if I can put it together. Please also remember, my mapping only works with the S4. So you couldn't just plug any controller up and it would work. It won't.

scamo
    Whoa 7 states! that's amazing! yea that last part is kind around what I was imagining.

There's no actual example that I can think of, this was more of a idea or thing to ponder to inspire something. I like to build mappings as well so its fine if it only applies to the S4 my question was what ways could that idea be achieved.

Either way it would be cool to test your mapping out, if that's alright; my friend has a S4.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by paul_monk3y View Post
    Maybe using a touch sensitive wheel, as for the buildups use the top of the wheel, and when releasing, activate an other set of effects for the drop, using the side of the wheel to bring down the DRY/WET... that should be done with a hold or invert value for the top of the wheel and some modifiers...I think.
    That would be very cool dude! kind of takes my idea to the next level! I might do an experiment mapping with this.

Tech Mentor

touch the jog once, start an effect group and by turning the jog in one direction makes the effect amounts change accordingly, then release and touch the jog once again to change the effects grouping, then turn the jog in the other direction to change the amounts of the new effects accordingly. That should be doable and actually quite easy. I just don't know what effects are wanted.
    scamo
    That's as close as to accomplishing the idea. I just figured you could do something like that after I saw Ean split a fader to do two different things. As for what effects, I guess one example would be a beatmasher that changes to a reverbed down sweep. basically anything that builds tension and then the second chain would release said tension.

Can you give me a link to what you said Ean was doing?

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Mentor

sure thing, i don't remember the video exactly but under controller mapping at DJTT's blog the mapping for the midi fighter pro has it.

http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...t1-358x600.jpg

Look at one of the faders, its split into two parts fx 1 & 2!

when i saw that i figured something like that could be done on Jogwheels as well.

Ok, I see what you are getting at. My thinking on effects and implementing them in my mapping are pretty basic at the moment. The reason for this is my lack of experience with effects and mapping. Thanks for helping with ideas though. My imagination is spinning. I just need to find out the solutions to these ideas. One solution is how Ean's mapping uses the jog to select the 3 modes. That technique could help create what you want, if it works in both jog directions, meaning, if I turn the jog to the right, the mode changes from left to right and when I turn the jog left, then the mode changes from right to left. I'll have to pick Ean's mapping apart to find out if it is possible with the modifiers I still have available. My feeling is, it will work. But, I still have a lot to learn to figure it out.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Mentor

Ok, I see what you are getting at. My thinking on effects and implementing them in my mapping are pretty basic at the moment. The reason for this is my lack of experience with effects and mapping. Thanks for helping with ideas though. My imagination is spinning. I just need to find out the solutions to these ideas. One solution is how Ean's mapping uses the jog to select the 3 modes. That technique could help create what you want, if it works in both jog directions, meaning, if I turn the jog to the right, the mode changes from left to right and when I turn the jog left, then the mode changes from right to left. I'll have to pick Ean's mapping apart to find out if it is possible with the modifiers I still have available. My feeling is, it will work. But, I still have a lot to learn to figure it out.

scamo
    I'm in the same situation in my mapping experience, which is why i started this thread to kind of get a think tank going on. thanks for all your input dude. If I figure anything out i'll let you know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12