Cables, controllers, etc

Default Cables, controllers, etc

Hello... Im new to the DJ world..even though I try to keep up..every minute...My concern is that I bought the Reloop Dj Interface DJ controller(soundcard included) and the KRK ROKIT 5 studio monitor. I dont have the controller with me yet, but I have the Berinhger BCD3000, I bought it just to try to control basic stuff, beat matching, just the get the look and feel. I tried to test the monitor with this controller, but it seems I can't get like the sound quality, they I really want (the monitor is in mint condition, no problems at all). Since the controller has 2 rca outputs and the monitors has the options of Unbalanced RCA,Balanced 1/4" TRS, Balanced XLR,which would be the best option once the Reloop controller arrives. I tried to see if I can get hold of a dual rca to XLR male. But most of them are from Single RCA to XRL. Any suggestions. Also the bass on the monitor is limited.. I read in a blog that if you only have one of these, the bass is not as much as loud.

studio monitors are mono, so you only input one of the rca's into the monitor. two monitors sounds about 4 times louder to our ears than just one, so I would be saving for another, but even still you should be aiming for 8' krk's if you want decent bass without a sub.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Yeah you should go with a second monitor. If you are going to just use one, get a "summing" device that will convert your 2-RCA stereo signal to MONO. Something like this will do the trick - http://www.google.com/products/catal...56427358009800 Or you can maybe do that in Traktor and use just one cord. But don't just use an "adapter" as it will sound shite.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Thank you for the input.. But pardon my ignorance on this..but...if I get a second monitor..which device would be the one to get in order to connect the controller to my two monitors. Which one do you guys recommend.

if you get a second monitor, you can go from the left output to one monitor and the right output to the other. So if your sound card has RCA out, a regular RCA cable would do it.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

hey, the bcd only has 1 rca out, the other 2 are inputs for turntables. check your wiring, might not be set up properly.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.