Cannot import collection - Going no where - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by kenty View Post
    If i put the music from my 750GB into itunes, thats kinda defeating having two seperate hardrives. The reason my music collection is on the 750GB is that its too big a collection for my 500GB operating system.

Your right Kaon my 750GB hardrive collection was backed up from my Lacie external hardrive which was first used wth my old P.C.
    I think that the lacie was formatted for both p.c & mac when i first bought it.
    youd hope so otherwise youre fucked. well how about some rearranging. im mean... do you really need that much music to be accessable at all times? unless youre plannin an playin a 6month long gig with no breaks, that amount of music is just silly
    id suggest breaking it down to about 100 gigs worth of your best shit and just puttin all that on your computer harddrive
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

no, u can change the settings on itunes to have ur music on the external drive. thats how I have mine setup. I dont like itunes messing with my music.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

I'llgiev that a go

yea but i meant to do what i said outside of itunes, also means you dont have to cart your hardrive round wit ya every time ya wanna play, and it frees up usbs and power points yusssss
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    no, u can change the settings on itunes to have ur music on the external drive. thats how I have mine setup. I dont like itunes messing with my music.

JesC, i'm a bit of a newb. Woud you tell me how i do that please.

Tech Mentor

Ahh, just managed to do that and my collection shows in itunes but not in the itunes icon in Traktor. This is so annoying.

I did however try to just drag a track from my bay 2 hardrive (with my music collection on) onto a deck in Traktor. What happens is the green turtle plus sign appears but when i let click go, i get a message from Traktor saying

"WAV could not be played due to a missing or corrupt file, unsupported format or DRM-protection".

This is bollocks. If i drag a track from bay 2 hardrive onto bay 1 and play that through Traktor then Traktor allows it. I think this is a hardware issue with my bay 2 hardrive.

I'll reformat Bay 2, put my music collection back on it and see if the same issue occurs.

Tech Mentor

Yipee!!!!

I erased the hardrive, put my collection back on it, reinstalled Traktor again and now my music collection appears inside Traktor's browser!
    Thanks very much for the support
    Last edited by kenty; 03-27-2009 at 03:36 PM.

good to hear that you got it to work.

It's a little cheeky, however my mac can't find itunes (mac).
    Any help would be fantastic, it seems to have happened after updating itunes....

i had a problem updating iTunes lastnite, i would say to download a fresh copy and reinstall it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123