Best Mixer under $100
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Best Mixer under $100

Hi, so I have a friend who has been wanting to buy the Traktor Kontrol X1, some headphones, Audio 2, and a Mixer. But the one thing that keeps him from not buying it is the mixer part which exceeds his budget, we have found a lot of mixers under $100 but we don't know if they are any good. So I would need you guys to help me out with this, any opinions? Of course these mixers wouldn't be the best, but we just need one that will last and gets the job done.

Thanks for the comments in advance -Sp1n

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJSp1n View Post
    Hi, so I have a friend who has been wanting to buy the Traktor Kontrol X1, some headphones, Audio 2, and a Mixer. But the one thing that keeps him from not buying it is the mixer part which exceeds his budget, we have found a lot of mixers under $100 but we don't know if they are any good. So I would need you guys to help me out with this, any opinions? Of course these mixers wouldn't be the best, but we just need one that will last and gets the job done.

Thanks for the comments in advance -Sp1n
    For the cost of all that, your honestly better off buying a low end controller like the mixtrack pro.

Tech Mentor

Yeah that is for a friend actually I told him but he didn't pay attention. My setup is actually including the Mixtrack Pro it's my favorite.
    Numark Mixtrack Pro / Numark RedWave headphones / Traktor Pro 2 / KRK Rokit 5s / and possibly soon a Traktor X1 do you think I should add it to my setup?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJSp1n View Post
    Yeah that is for a friend actually I told him but he didn't pay attention. My setup is actually including the Mixtrack Pro it's my favorite.
    Numark Mixtrack Pro / Numark RedWave headphones / Traktor Pro 2 / KRK Rokit 5s / and possibly soon a Traktor X1 do you think I should add it to my setup?
    Just explain that he's not going to be able to play or learn very well on that kind of setup.

As to the X1, its your decision. I'm mostly serato.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbite View Post
    Just explain that he's not going to be able to play or learn very well on that kind of setup.
    that's not true...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

All he needs is an X1 and Audio 2.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Do you think an X1 would be a nice addition to this setup --> Numark Mixtrack Pro / Numark RedWave headphones / Traktor Pro 2?
    And what do you mean its not true? Can he mix and play with just an X1 and an Audio 2? He needs the mixer to fulfill that setup right? or not?

Tech Wizard

Best mixer under $100: Numark Blue Dog. It's so simple that there's almost nothing to go wrong. Sounds surprisingly good.

rs

Tech Guru

He can always get a midi mixer like and Xsession pro. I think it's a great idea for him to want to use and analogue mixer and an X1. If you notice what most of the set-ups are for club DJ's using Traktor and X1's, it's a 4 channel mixer and an X1 on each side. If he practices on a 2 channel mixer he can go anywhere with his X1 and soundcard, plug right in and play.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Or hold off getting either until the A&H k2 comes outs which has the sound card built in and more knobs n buttons

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast