DJTT S4 Mapping Thread - Page 13
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Loving the new mapping, really suits my style using 4 track decks, and like my shitbox car, i've figured out the little tricks to it from a little bit of practice and a couple of quiet gigs and I can confidently use it out and change the things I want on it to customise it further. So far I changed the Lo-fi to a mulholland drive in the first chained jog FX preset, changed the filter to a formant filter in the second preset and I changed the reverb in the third preset to a t3verb, little changes to the s4 map, but i prefer them.

The new mapping makes using the IG mapping with my mf classic alongside it both tedious and nearly pointless, although im sure you could get them working smoothly by sequencing the midi messages with midipipe or something similar, you have way more intuitive, tactile control over the most expressive and useful effects in traktor all in the one controller as far as i can see. That being said though, you can always improve and make adjustments to better streamline your own personal workflow and to add a bit of individuality to your dj sets. I'm now tweaking the focus deckalized mapping for myself to be used in conjunction with the new s4 map. Going to take the juggle mode, cue and deck control buttons from the mapping, and probably remove the FX select messages from the instant FX and beat mash buttons in the mapping and try to use them as a different way to modulate individual FX from my different chain presets. With a bit of planning hopefully i can create chains which both work on the jog wheel and with the MF button combinations.

With my nanopad I firstly made a page of different fx for both FX unit 1 and 2 while the s4 is in the chained jog effects mode. Their are so many different possibilities with different FX and different positions in the chain and im still working on them, but the best FX chains i've made include some sort of rhythmic effect, a time based effect and a colour effect, play around until you find ones that you like, The beatmasher and the gator will be your friends and there are heaps of different textures you can create using them in combination with other FX and the jogwheel is a fantastic way to trigger and modulate FX in combinations, using a little common sense and intent will help you speed things up but a little but experimentation is essential.

Although I also think the layout with the effects is excellent for the most part but it would be nice to be able assign both of the jog FX more freely to the different decks individually and i might try and think up a way with one of my other controllers, what you get back from this might not be worth the fight though, you should be able to use two jogs on one deck, possibly using some of the preset advanced jog FX on echo freeze tails, using the bouncer or playing with the gator could be interesting on fading echo tails, and using 2 jogs to effect one deck could also potentially be kick ass under certain circumstances.

Thanks again djtt for pushing controllerism! your work is inspirational! I would have been more than happy to pay for the s4 mapping also! 5 or 10 bucks is a steal considering the time it would take you to make such an in depth mapping from scratch.

Sorry for the book too, just wanted to share my experences and thoughts and ideas about the mapping :-)

Tech Student

So I am having the same jog wheel problem that everyone else is reporting but i am using traktor pro s4 1.0.1 could this be a problem? I don't know. I love the mapping but i can't use it without the jog wheels controlling the effects since that is pretty much the crux of why the mapping was created. Please DJ TT, fix this major problem that EVERYONE seems to have! Thanks guys.

@content - one simple word. Upgrade. You are missing some cool stuff staying on S4 1.0.1.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Ive had the same problem with the jogwheels. Updated the software and it worked like a charm! So just update to all you guys who is experiencing troubles with the jogwheels :-)
    Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio 2, Aiaiai TMA-1, Behringer EuroRack MX 1604A, M-Audio BX5A, Macbook Pro 15'' mid 2010
    Facebook and Soundcloud: Fuscus http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fuscus/275164752519652

I'm waiting for the clean version. All the bugs are listed in this thread. I'm ready to pay for it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one...

RobHandz

Loving the new mapping, great Stuff! I have a question about the T3Delay mapped on the 4th sample deck button, I was wondering which assignment i'd have to edit in the controller manager settings to change the default rate to 1/8th a beat instead of the already mapped 3/16th a beat

Thanks for the help!

RobHandz

Quote Originally Posted by RobHandz View Post
    Loving the new mapping, great Stuff! I have a question about the T3Delay mapped on the 4th sample deck button, I was wondering which assignment i'd have to edit in the controller manager settings to change the default rate to 1/8th a beat instead of the already mapped 3/16th a beat

Thanks for the help!
    Found out after bit of trying!

Waiting on the next version as well. Hopefully it drops soon.

Tech Wizard

okay, i've sequentially updated to current version of traktor (2.4.23) and installed the DJTT S4 mapping twice as indicated, and it's still the same problems i've always had--the parameters set, you can select the different effects modes by pressing shift/up, depressing the jog wheels initializes the effects but rotating the jog wheels don't change the effect at all.

help?? seriously, i have no idea what else i could possibly do.
    Mod Club Saturdays Resident, Toronto
    MBP * Traktor Kontrol S4 * Midi Fighter Classic * Traktor 2 * Ableton * Launchpad
    facebook

Tech Mentor

traktor 2.4? isn't stopped at 2.1.2?
    I'm back guys
    One Dream http://soundcloud.com/stefanomdj/one-dream-stefanomdj
    StefanoM. Dj