DJTT S4 Mapping Thread - Page 23
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
    Tech Student

I've had same issue a few times now. It never happens when I'm practicing at home...only when I'm performing (go figure)...but controller seems to all of a sudden remap itself...where the CUE buttons (normally allow you to listen in headphones) changes to LOAD track button...everything else seems fine. It's not the end of the world since I can go into settings and change mapping without interrupting playback, but it is certainly a hassle. Any thoughts?

Three of the biggest bugs in this mapping:

- Cue buttons become load button. You have to pass in browse mode to active th initial Cue fonction. Sometimes it does, and sometimes not.

- Master clock is on no matter the song you're playing. You have to be very careful during a live performance if you wanna stay in time. Sometime it does, and sometimes not.

- You can't navigate in your preview throught the S4 button, you need to use your mouse. It does it everytime.

So be careful with that mapping if you use it in a live performance. You have to know the bugs, and how to deal with it.

I shall be happy to pay for a a solid and clean version.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac55 View Post
    I've had same issue a few times now. It never happens when I'm practicing at home...only when I'm performing (go figure)...but controller seems to all of a sudden remap itself...where the CUE buttons (normally allow you to listen in headphones) changes to LOAD track button...everything else seems fine. It's not the end of the world since I can go into settings and change mapping without interrupting playback, but it is certainly a hassle. Any thoughts?
    This used to happen to me quite frequently at home, for about a week straight. Then all of a sudden, it just stopped doing it. I think this mapping sometimes has a mind of its own....

Quote Originally Posted by Legotist View Post
    Three of the biggest bugs in this mapping:

- Cue buttons become load button. You have to pass in browse mode to active th initial Cue fonction. Sometimes it does, and sometimes not.

- Master clock is on no matter the song you're playing. You have to be very careful during a live performance if you wanna stay in time. Sometime it does, and sometimes not.

- You can't navigate in your preview throught the S4 button, you need to use your mouse. It does it everytime.

So be careful with that mapping if you use it in a live performance. You have to know the bugs, and how to deal with it.

I shall be happy to pay for a a solid and clean version.
    Can you explain more about the master clock? And is there anyway around to fixing the CUE issue if your in the middle of a performance? I used this mapping last thursday playing out, had no issues THANK GOD but would like to know if there are any tricks or saves I could pull out of my sleeve if something pops up mid performance.

Thanks!

I use this mapping since the first day it came out (i've done all the upgrades to traktor, and I also use the MFP beatmasher with the DJ Techtools mapping. Sometimes I play around 20 hours before any bugs shows up, and next time I think I can destroy my controller...

The master clock' bug can happen in a middle of your gig, or at the beginning. No matter how hard you click on Auto (on traktor) or on Master (on the S4), the main BMP stays the master clock. Which mean you have to manually select the master throught Traktor with your mouse to select the right master. You can sync it with another track, but when the first stop, the master don't go to the next track, it goes back to the internal clock, then again, you can manually select the right master. Am I clear? (sorry but I'm French )
    It is really painfull when you want to pass from different BPM.

About the Cue bug... You can't do nothing except to wait... It happen to me everytime. The only thing to do is to activate the browse mode to listen your next track, and also you have to activate the function in traktor that prevent you to add a track on a playing deck. The first time, I loaded track on a playing one, and glad I was in my room... I can't imagine if I do this in a middle of a gig.

So again, only use this mapping only if you not let it drive you to use it to much. Use the effect with precaution, and always watch your BPM sync.

I hope the clean version will come out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by trilla_shocka View Post
    This used to happen to me quite frequently at home, for about a week straight. Then all of a sudden, it just stopped doing it. I think this mapping sometimes has a mind of its own....

Can you explain more about the master clock? And is there anyway around to fixing the CUE issue if your in the middle of a performance? I used this mapping last thursday playing out, had no issues THANK GOD but would like to know if there are any tricks or saves I could pull out of my sleeve if something pops up mid performance.

Thanks!

Tech Student

Sorry my English because I am Brazilian, I wonder, how do I change the effects?
    beatmasher2 to delay, and which best match? could give me some tips?? someone already changed some? which for what? thank you all ..

just click on the name of the effect, a menu wil come up and you can select the one you want
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    just click on the name of the effect, a menu wil come up and you can select the one you want

kkkkkkk, right this way I know ... I would like to know the parameters pre selected ... for every time you change parameters, already being changed ...

You can Find it in your preferences
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I've read about the numerous issues with this mapping, but I haven't heard anyone complain about the problem I'm having:

I bought an S2, and applied the DJTT custom mapping. All was well, until I decided that I wanted an S4. I exchanged the S2 for an S4, and tried the S4 mapping.

Here is the problem: after I deleted all the other mappings and imported the new mapping everything looked fine (all the effects looked right). But, after I activate the jogwheel effects with shift/offset, pressing the jogwheel the first time suddenly changes all the effects presets to different random ones (that don't sound very good together). I really miss the real ones, and want them back so that I can finish a mix I'm doing.

I tried Scamo's jogwheel effects, and they work great. But, I really need to get the other ones back at least temporarily. Does anyone know why this is happening? Would it be hard to use the Scamo mapping and add my own effects to match the parameters of the DJTT mapping effects?

Did you import the DJTT mapping with the big import button at the bottom of the preferences window and do it twice?

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.