DJTT S4 Mapping Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Just installed this and I'm having a few issues. I tried to capture them on video the best I could. They might take a few minutes to finalize.

In first video:
    -Tempo/pitch slider pretty much doesn't work, you can see/hear how I'm moving the slider and then I show what is actually registering on TP2: clearly not the same
    -Weird blinking/flickering of the ON AIR display that my iPhone doesn't capture very well but it's noticeable in person, that was never there before and doesn't appear to be intentional (it's not on the beat)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulr6t...ature=youtu.be

Second video:
    -I activate the jog wheel effects mode and it turns on when I depress the jog wheel but movement of the jog wheel doesn't modify the effects at all, it's essentially just an on/off switch at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwOB...ature=youtu.be

Also, some other issues:
    -Jog wheels don't work for scrolling in browse mode regardless if jog effects are on or not, this is a feature I will really miss and I hope it can be brought back in an update
    -Cue point "1" does not light up button "1" blue, however loops in slot "1" still light up green on the S4 like they used to
    -Loop size LED display is completely blank, however both knobs (position and size) seem to work just like normal. I'm very happy to see that the "scrolling" through the track by the loop length when loops are inactive still works... love that feature.

I'm gonna screw around with it more over the next few days and I'll do my best to report issues. This mapping has a lot of potential, I hope you guys can get it to work correctly and restore all of the now-missing features that made me fall in love with the S4 in the first place!!

edit: Figured out that the jog wheels essentially don't work at all, I can't find a single function that they used to/should perform that they actually perform (scrolling in browse mode, searching through tracks/scratching, the new effects, etc.). However, pressing down on the wheel appears to work just as it should (stopping a track and engaging the new effects).

Have a great holiday and enjoy your days off.... but fix this shit when you get back If we have to pay for the extra time it'll take for y'all to fix this, sign me up.
    Last edited by kramerbuccs24; 12-23-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Default Ugh

I don't like this mapping at all. how would i go about going back to my original settings?

Go into the Preferences Window and select the Controller Manager. Under Edit, select "Delete". Now press "Add.." and select "Traktor->Kontrol S4->Default". You may have to restart Traktor after making these changes.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

This may be a stupid question, but for those of you who are having problems with the jog, are you pressing "shift + offset" to start the jog wheel FX mode?

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but for those of you who are having problems with the jog, are you pressing "shift + offset" to start the jog wheel FX mode?

scamo
    That and make sure your Traktor is updated, I'm running 2.1.1 having no issues besides the obvious ones.

Was using it last night with no problem, then I reimported the custom MidiFighter mapping that I made. I set that preset up to change the FX when I hit the top left button. It worked great and then when I switched on the jog fx they went back to their settings like it should.

After a while though, I could still use the 3 jogwheel presets, but the presets on the sample deck buttons stopped working properly. It would only switch to the Slicer and would just change the values, but not switch to Bouncer or Gater.
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

For people complaining the jogwheels don't work in browse mode, you can use the main browse knob above the loop recorder and the load buttons will still work. Hold shift to scroll folders.

I realize this isn't as good but it is an alternative for now.

Tech Student

fixed it. all i did was update hahahahaha works like a charm (y)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    I got the DJTT S2 mapping and its not in NHL mode, yet i dont have to press SHIFT + SHIFT to put it in midi mode

if the S4 mapping is anything like their S2 mapping then i dont think it will be in NHL mode
    Both the S2 and S4 mapping are in NHL, as are most people's K1 mapping etc. When you look at the mapping screen you'll see all the mapped to feilds say something like "Left Tempo Fader", "Right Cue Button" this is NHL mode. Midi-mode would say awesome cryptic things like "CH01.CC01" or "CH01.F#".

HIDDEN FEATURE: HOLD SHIFT + ROTATE "MOVE LOOP ENCODER" SWITCHES TO A DELAY PRESS ENCODER TO ACTIVATE

There is several bugs when you switching in browse mode and the loop recorder.
    I will make a report on that.

Except that the mapping is working with the MFP beatmasher mapping.
    You just need to impot the TSI with the small Import button. Works good for the moment.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast