DJTT S4 Mapping Thread
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default DJTT S4 Mapping Thread

This thread is to be used as the official thread for sharing any issues, bugs, questions, and general feedback for the DJ Techtools Kontrol S4 Custom Mapping.

The current release version is v1.2.2

The DJTT S4 Mapping is now FREE to Download. See all of DJTT's free mappings here: http://www.djtechtools.com/midi-map/ (you can also use the link below)

Sign up for the S4 Mapping mailing list to get the download file and free updates on the mapping here: DJTT S4 Mapping Sign up

Note: There will be an update to this mapping soon which will address some leftover bugs (mostly dealing with if you use the Sample decks on Decks C/D) and address any other user issues.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
    • Traktor does not allow control of the Loop Length indicator LEDs with custom mappings (like this one). Therefore, the indicators will either be blank in this mapping or show the last loop length setting they were on when the default mapping was loaded.
    • If you want to switch back to the default mapping, simply go into the Controller Manager, click "Add..." Traktor Kontrol S4 -> Default for the original mapping to be loaded. You will then want to either select the DJTT mapping and take the S4 off the In-Port or just delete the DJTT mapping from the Device listbox.
    • Traktor will not allow me to map the "Filter On" function to the movement of the Filter knobs. As a result you may need to manually click on the Filter on ciricular switches in Traktor in order for your Filter to work.
    • It seems that you need to have Traktor Pro version 2.1.1 or above in order for this mapping to work properly (specifically for the Jog wheel FX). If you find that it works fine on an older version, please let me know.
    Last edited by flashflooder; 01-26-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

After subscribing it says "DOWNLOAD S2 MAPPING (Right click and Save As)". It's linked to the right map tho

Tech Student

Default New DJTT S4 mapping problem

Hey DJTT world!

Soooo i downloaded the new and super swaaag S4 mapping and im having a problem. Importing the tsi file was a walk in the park. when i loaded a song, switched into the jog wheel fx mode (SHIFT+ offset button) and attempted to launch the effects with the wheel, all that happened was that the effects swiched on but couldn't adjust the the effect values when i turned the wheel left or right :/

im guessing it has to do with my preferences with either the effects or jogwheels?

Please let me know what im doing wrong!!!

Happy holidays, Alex

my filter knobs dont work and the sample loop indicator doesnt change
    Last edited by Xoduzz; 12-23-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Tech Student

I'm also having some trouble with this mapping. The filter knobs are turned off by default and my loop size indicators on my controller are also not changing.

On a side note, is it at all possible to have both this mapping and the instant gratification mapping running at the same time? Any tips on how to achieve this?

Tech Mentor

Loop indicators don't work on mine too :/
    TRAKTOR Kontrol S4 | Hercules RMX |Blackbook Pro | HDJ 500
    Soundcloud.com/Pooniwala

Along with the previously mentioned issues, my light for hotcue 1 no longer lights up when there's a hotcue placed.

Tech Mentor

Stupid question but how do you do the echo freeze effect :/

Edit sample deck 4.
    Last edited by Wala; 12-23-2011 at 12:32 AM.
    TRAKTOR Kontrol S4 | Hercules RMX |Blackbook Pro | HDJ 500
    Soundcloud.com/Pooniwala

When I download the zip file all I get is a vcf file theres no tsi or anything. What am I doing wrong?

Tech Mentor

I had this happen too. Other problems: tracks load with the playhead at the end, Loop length indicator is stuck at 8, and the ON AIR light flashes with VU meter data (weird).

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast