Numark N4 Traktor Pro 2 Mapping Help - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

So, PeStylz probs are solved and here is my mapping original and costumized espacially for Pestylz.
    If you got any problems/ideas contact me here or via skype... Hope you have fun!

Tech Wizard

Hi there. First of all congrats to be the first to create a known TSI for the N4. With your TSI what is functionality like for sample decks and loop recorder?

Could you also publish the TSI with a PDF showing its functions?

You could also submit the file to Traktor Bibles, Traktor Freaks. If you google Traktor Freaks you will see what I mean.

I only ask as I'm torn between the N4 and S2

Thanks in advance

Jason

Tech Wizard

Okay. Iīll go to work (sorry that the answer took that long). First Iīll create a PDF which shows the functions of my costumized setup... then we can discuss changes or new implementations.

Tech Wizard

So...done.
    I started a new thread:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...612#post411612

Tech Convert

Numark is providing a tsi mapping of their own for the N4. They even provide a short tutorial on how to install it, but for me it doesn't do the job.

I can't seem to get the crossfader to work and the volume slides aren't working either.

http://www.numark.com/content304361.html

Grtz

The mapping Iīve uploaded is very customized to my style of controllerism. Very much cue jugglin and therefore very less scratching...

Banned

The mapping Iīve uploaded is very customized to my style of controllerism. Very much cue jugglin and therefore very less scratching...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ZeNTeC View Post
    Numark is providing a tsi mapping of their own for the N4. They even provide a short tutorial on how to install it, but for me it doesn't do the job.

I can't seem to get the crossfader to work and the volume slides aren't working either.

http://www.numark.com/content304361.html

Grtz
    Iīve left my email there 2 days ago, but nothing happens. Could you send me that one, maybe I can fix it. Would be nice to have a mainstream mapping.

Tech Convert

@G00m0
    A link to the tsi should be in your inbox!
    Anyone else wants it? please send me a PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ZeNTeC View Post
    @G00m0
    A link to the tsi should be in your inbox!
    Anyone else wants it? please send me a PM.
    OOOOuuuuuhhhhh man... What a crappy mapping... They should take mine... Huh donīt know where to start...

First: They mapped the scratch button to skip the scratch function, so if its turned of, you could use your jog for pitch bend. If its turned on you could use your jog for scratching. I mapped both to the jog, because the jog has a touch sensibility. If you touch my mapped jog on the (black-) surface you can scratch. If you touched my mapped jog on the (silver-) side you could use it for pitch bend. No extra button necessary and it has this more vynil-feeling.
    My scratch button is mapped to bring the jog into the special mode... So you are able to manipulate your FX-parameters with it.

Second: The loop section is mapped like... damn. If you push the first button (out of four) it sets a 2bar loop, the second button sets a 4bar loop, third a 16bar and the fourth a 32bar loop. No loop roll function... nothin.
    In my mapping you`ve got the third button to set a loop and the 2 buttons before to select their size. The last button could be mapped later with a shift function or something like that. If you wanna set a 4bar loop, you just select the size with the first to buttons and push the thirs button at the right spot... and then you can make the loop smaller and smaller, step by step, by pushin the increase loop size button... So you got a nice loop roll effect. No possibility with the numark mapping.

Third: The browsing-mode. Canīt believe that you are unable to maximize the browsing window with numarks mapping. If you scroll with the browse-button you scroll thru tracks. If you push the browse-button and scroll, you could scroll thru files. With my mapping you are able to scroll thru tracks, files, minimize/maximize browsing window, open/close folders in browsing mode.

Fourth: They donīt even mapped the shift button.

Man. Did Iīve got the wrong mapping...or maybe miss some functions. Please correct me...!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast