Is The S4 Worth The Asking Price?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is The S4 Worth The Asking Price?

Ok I'm currently using a VCI-100, had it for years now, yes there's lag when you release the jog wheel in Traktor, and also slighly in the eques and faders, it's great for seamless mixing, but cutting and chopping and all that, just not happening. . . plus the major downside is that it only controls 2 decks.

Naturally the S4 seems like the best solution, what with 4 deck mixing and the effects set up and being able to loop on the fly (I did have an X1 but sold it as I don't play out on Traktor) . . .Anyway, Has anyone else got an S4 and if so . . . sell it to me (not literally, I mean the idea of forking out for it)

Update the VCI-100 firmware to 1.4 and you'll get rid of the lag, it's going to be a lot cheaper than getting a S4, and the VCI-100 is way more portable as well.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Arrghh but it's dieded, if u saw a picture of the condition it's in you'd wonder how it still works, the nobs come off in my hands, scratches everywhere, plus as I said I don't play out on Traktor, so it won't be going anywhere with me, still love burning CDs yes. Anyway . . . . how does one update the firmware?

Jack Bastard

If you don't need scratch capability the VCI400 knocks the S4 out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben_Williams View Post
    Arrghh but it's dieded, if u saw a picture of the condition it's in you'd wonder how it still works, the nobs come off in my hands, scratches everywhere, plus as I said I don't play out on Traktor, so it won't be going anywhere with me, still love burning CDs yes. Anyway . . . . how does one update the firmware?
    You can find an upgrade kit in the DJTT store
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Thank you Jackbastard, no I just want 4 deck mixing really, I will look into it

depends if u like the s4. originally i wanted one but i tried it in guitar center.... i hate the feel of it. sorry to all you s4 lovers but i cant stand it. Then i tried the DN MC6000, which i thought was going to be crap, and i thought it was like god had put the perfect controller in my hands. So, it is really up to you. Just remember that

no. It isn't. I had one, sold it, got a mixer and turntables. Too much control effect and cue control and not enough deck control because the jogs suck. If you're not completely wedded to traktor, get the NS6. Same price as the S4 basically but the jogs feel about 100x better as long as you use itch. Dunno if you are a heavy user of effects but if not get the NS6.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

In my opinion it is, that's why I bought one The new VCI is another option you should consider.

It is the very core of my set up, it is perhaps the very best all in one package that is out there. There is nothing in existence right now that I want more then my S4.

But hey, that's just my two cents...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast