Tasty Rhythms Vol. 1 (Oldschool/Underground Hip Hop, Instrumental, Funk)
    Tech Wizard

Default Tasty Rhythms Vol. 1 (Oldschool/Underground Hip Hop, Instrumental, Funk)

Hey all. Long time lurker and finally signed up for an acct yesterday. This is my first mix to post to the forums, and I'd love to hear some feedback from other DJs since I am a bedroom DJ for the most part.

Made using two Technics, Scratch Live, a Rane TTM-56, recorded in one set on Audacity.

Mostly oldschool and underground hip hop, with a some instrumental hip hop and funk tunes mixed in there as well. Mix is 21 songs, and is a little over 45 min long. Let me know what you guys think!

If you press play on the cloudcast, you will be able to view the tracklist and stream the mix. Or a direct download link is included as well.

Streaming:

D/L: http://www.mediafire.com/?bysrj9h949bsicl
    Last edited by Redcon1; 12-23-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Tech Wizard

anybody?

There were some rough spots here and there especially when it comes you trying to echo out songs. You need to work on your record control. However the mix has some pretty solid songs. It's not bad for one take live mix. I will be posting it on my site tomorrow.

Tech Wizard

Hamza, what's good mayne?! I was Jordan85 on DJF

I know there were a few rough transitions, but the main ones I was thinking of were the transition into De La (with the backspin), the transition from MF Doom to Beastie Boys, and the transition into the MJ/Jay-Z mash from J-live. The echos that I recall I thought sounded pretty decent, but that's why I try and get others to hear my mixes since not everyone hears things the same way and I am always trying to improve.

I will go back and check them out. Thanks for listening!

Quote Originally Posted by Redcon1 View Post
    Hamza, what's good mayne?! I was Jordan85 on DJF
    Yeah I remember you Jordan. I thought it was you but I wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcon1 View Post
    know there were a few rough transitions, but the main ones I was thinking of were the transition into De La (with the backspin), the transition from MF Doom to Beastie Boys, and the transition into the MJ/Jay-Z mash from J-live. The echos that I recall I thought sounded pretty decent, but that's why I try and get others to hear my mixes since not everyone hears things the same way and I am always trying to improve.

I will go back and check them out. Thanks for listening!
    Mf - Beastie Boys was tad bit rough and and the mj/Jay Z transition was abrupt but that's live mixing so I didn't see a problem with that. All deejays do that occasionally.

The backspin was a definite mistake. You sounded to too slow with backspin which why it sounds too late. You just need a little bit more practice using the technique. Other than that I think it's pretty good live mix.

Tech Wizard

bumpety

Tech Wizard

nice tracklist liking the funk

Tech Mentor

Nice mix. Ok it's by no means perfect but the track selection is top notch. Keep it up!