Audio 2DJ + x1 + mixer + Traktor
    Tech Student

Default Audio 2DJ + x1 + mixer + Traktor

So I'll have my first club gig on new years eve. I have the audio 2 dj an the x1.
    My question is : how to hook up the audio 2 dj to the club mixer to get the eqs and the faders of the mixer? I suppose I won't get any visual feedback in Traktor, cause it's not connected via MIDI...and what view should I use Traktor with?

Thanks

Mate, what is your home set up?

If it's not x1+audio2 into an external mixer then do you really think it's a good idea to do your first gig using that set up?

I mean I can tell you how to do it but i'd recommend going with your home set up so you feel comfortable
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

yeah do you have a mixer you can practice on this week?

You need to hook up your audio to in external mode. Then have the audio 2 outputs set to decks a and b. Then plug your audio 2 into two channels on the mixer. Views = take off anything that's on the mixer already (channel faders, crossfader, EQ's). You will do all your cueing thru the mixer also.

I would find a mixer to use this week and make sure you are good.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Student

Thanks for the quick responses, my friend will borrow me his mixer this week, so i'll be able to practice...i had a mixtrack but i had some problems with it's quality so i decided to update. By the way i really need to buy a cheap, but quality two channel mixer...any recommendtations?

Cheeers

Allen & Heath Xone 22 or Pioneer DJM250
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Also just use the traktor wizard to set up x1 and external mixer for ease