VCI-300 - to buy or not to buy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VCI-300 - to buy or not to buy.

hey yall, I'm new here, so feel free to knock me the f**k out at your leisure, but I'd prefer if you did so after you answered my question. i have searched the forum, and came up wanting... donuts, and the answer to my question.

I WANT A MIDI CONTROLLER.

so, the VCI-300, is this the correct purchase? from what I can tell serato itch is inferior to traktor overall, and I have been reading up on this topic for the last few days. It seems that the 300 is a good choice, and possibly a great or "the best"choice (provided you run traktor?) for the money, but I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something. I saw an Xponent M audio controller with M audio torque - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUIi1u5OJF4 - better? worse?

Im just trying to make the right decision first time, the serato bundling is what has deterred me from purchasing it already.

to summarise, Opinions on the VCI-300 or your preferred controller would be appreciated.

peace.

vci-100 with Tpro all the way

VCI-100 with the comming w/1.4 firmware ftw.

From what i have seen the 300 is good if you only want to mix two records at a time. That's Itch's biggest limitation other than effects.

Tech Guru

If you plan on only using Traktor, by no means, by a VCI-100.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

if ur not a scratch dude.. then xponent is your best choice... i got one i love it... and the new torq 1.5.1 update works great.... but i've been thinking on the vci 300 too.. for scratching.. but I'm still thinking about it..

depends what u want..

xponent = vst, effects, cue points, sampler, recording, rewire with pro tools, ableton, snapshots, soundcard << good by the way.. played with it at a party sounds good..

vci 300= vestax nuff said jk lol.. itch, soundcard, no effects, scratching, serato

but again.. vci 300 with traktor i gotta see that..
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Tech Guru

VCI-300 /scratchin and Traktor = no work
    VCI-300 /Scratchin / Itch = Awesome
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

I play minimal/electro/house/disco and drum and bass, not a scratch monster, just looking for something solid I can run 4 turntables with effects - traktor does this - thank you for letting me know itch is only a 2 deck system. thats stupid. man, thats just stupid not supporting traktor.

so traktor and the vci 300 is a no go? I saw some info on someone who had made a guide to getting it going, but i want something that is SOLID. i dont want to have any glitchy shit when im naked from the waist down in a club somewhere.

so I guess to summarise, 4 decks + effects traktor is king? of so, then what controller? I think a hear a rumbing of vci-100. is there anything else that does what traktor does, but better? i should look into the Torq functionality.

stupid marketing, i got all worked up on the number 300 and the slightly more uberness of the look of the 300. stupid serato. fricken unsupported dog nuts.

if theres any controller/program combo you think is best (with 4 decks and effects) holla at me. thanks fo all yo help.

Tech Guru

we said it already.
    VCI-100 for Traktor
    300 if your into both.
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

I'm struggling with the same thing. VCI-100 isn't really that great for controlling 4 decks. If you are spinning minimal where you really need 4 decks and lots of control over those decks I don't see the VCI-100 as a great option. Maybe someone can correct me. I keep getting pointed to the XONE 4D (aka XONE $D). It's stupid expensive...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast